Newest Members
Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone, teba
12117 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
7 registered (jq19712, Cam76, atari_kid86, CafeMan, Jas52, 2 invisible), 58 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
62511 Topics
438091 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#135122 - 09/18/06 02:25 PM What a BEAUTIFUL- GLORIOUS--WONDERFUL DAY
Itsback Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico
Well they say that if you wish and pray that eventually all-reasonable requests will come to you in good time. Well the good lord has heard and replied to one of mine.

Well last night it happened to me. I found my oldest son who I had not seen since he was 2 and I was living in Germany. I had been searching for him for years, but nothing had seemed to pan out. He is now 17.

I finally came across this web site back in April (One of many many many) that specialized in names and locations and Low and Behold I found his name. It said that he had registered from an ISP in Australia. I had been emailing him through the website many times not knowing if he even visited it or if the email he provided was good any longer. Last night he returned one of my emails. I had been searching on the wrong continent as he was indeed in Australia.

What a feeling this is! I now know that all of my 5 children are on this earth. I think he is of the thought that I abandon him, which is not true. And we are starting a dialog with each other. I have no clue what his mother told him about me if anything. Which really doesn’t matter as this is between him and I.

What a stunner though to actually have some resolution on a subject that has been digging at your soul for so long (no pun intended). I was in such shock that I actually found him that I had a good cry at my keyboard.

We emailed each other a few times last night and I so look forward to the days and years to come to get to have all my children in my life.

What a wild summer, and to have this circle completed for me makes all the ups and downs seem like a minor imposition.

Keep the faith cause good things DO happen and never stop believing.

Fight the good fight

Pete

#135123 - 09/18/06 06:01 PM Re: What a BEAUTIFUL- GLORIOUS--WONDERFUL DAY
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
WOW an amazing story. I wish all the best for you two as you get to know each other. Nothing will make up for lost years, but finishing a journey together is a wonderful thing. I know you will relish every moment.
All the best
Paul

#135124 - 09/18/06 09:01 PM Re: What a BEAUTIFUL- GLORIOUS--WONDERFUL DAY
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Pete,

That's such great news. Aren't you glad you persisted in your search???!!! I hope your contacts continue and lead to the restoration of a good relationship with your son.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#135125 - 09/19/06 05:07 AM Re: What a BEAUTIFUL- GLORIOUS--WONDERFUL DAY
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Pete,

Great story! Thank you for sharing it with us!

You are absolutely right, good things DO happen!

Recovery is Possible!

Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.