Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#135118 - 09/11/06 09:32 PM Sugars vs fats
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I bought a bad of unrefined sugar by Billingtons.
I am making a Christmas cake, and I got the mixed fruit, lemon zest and juice, cinnamon, this sugar and copious droolings of rum and whiskey.

I steep them overnight to soak in the rich flavours, and will bake the cake tomorrow.
I use a recipe which is 80yrs old, and it is excellent, but I use my own imagination on it also.

The only oils I ever use are olive oil, not extra virgin, and butter, but why!
Because the fats are digestable, not like the other 'lo fat' high in indigestable fat oils that ppl buy.

Butter and natural sugars can be absorbed by the body and broken down naturally, which is not the case for other fats and sugars which your body turns into toxins.

Ppl think that low fat this and that is best, but is low in the wrong type of fats and sugars, and long chain fatty acids are the building blocks of life, believe me.

Low fat = high toxins.
Natural foods are the best to eat, and butter and sugars are just a few of the things that keep together naturally.

The best form of fat, is in oily fish, an Omega long chain fatty acid which the body can easily break down, and do you good.

ste

#135119 - 09/12/06 01:27 AM Re: Sugars vs fats
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Ste,

I'll never forget what my doctor told me 19 years ago when I was pregnant. He said eat what you want when you want it as long as it isn't processed and always in moderation. He demanded that I cut back to one cup of coffee a day and that I only use sugar, not the sweet and low stuff that I used to use. He even told me that after my 7th month, if I felt like having a drink once or twice before I delivered, I was more than welcome to have 1 beer because it didn't have a high alcohol content and everything in beer (except the alcohol) was actually good for you.

To this day, I follow his rules. Diet nothing and everything in moderation. It works for me.

BTW, that cake sounds incredible! You use Irish whiskey of course!?

ROCK ON......Trish

#135120 - 09/12/06 01:42 AM Re: Sugars vs fats
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
fat is good for the brain - the brain is made of FAT! \:\)

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#135121 - 09/12/06 02:07 AM Re: Sugars vs fats
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mark,

Quote:
fat is good for the brain - the brain is made of FAT! \:\)
Excellent! I am soooooo in the mood for a cream-filled doughnut.

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.