Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (AdawgJR, Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#134962 - 08/11/05 09:58 PM Chemicals and fats
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I read loads on the net about different things, there is always an argument good or bad of any product or chemical additive.

I only eat butter, why? Because it is a natural product, it can be broken down by the body, and even though it is high in fat, the body can process it normally.

If we turn to the low fat spreads, then yeah, they are low in fat, but they contain fats that the body cannot break down, and they can lead to diabetes type 2.

Aspartame, if you google it, it is a horror story, so I try to avoid it, because it cannot be broken down in the body, so it ends up like embalming fluid, and who knows where it ends up in the blood stream!

I cook my own food with no additives, and pure engrediants, because natural food that nature provides must be best, and not the processed foods we end up eating because of our lifestyle, and no time to cook etc.

So think natural,

ste

#134963 - 08/11/05 10:14 PM Re: Chemicals and fats
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yuck, you're making me consider becoming a vegetarian.

David

#134964 - 08/18/05 01:36 AM Re: Chemicals and fats
BT Offline

Loc: Chicago IL
I think I have said this elsewhere, but one of my favorite all time quote is from Jack LaLanne....

He says... If man made it, don't eat it.... I think that is a pretty good rule of thumb to eat by....

and for those that don't know who jack LaLanne is...he is the guy your mother used to watch in the mornings and do her sit ups and jumping jacks....

he is well into his 90's now and still going strong....and he sells juicers on tv..but he has to make a living somehow...lol...

brent.

#134965 - 08/18/05 04:26 AM Re: Chemicals and fats
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
If you really want to be scared about all of the chemicals that we put into our bodies then I recomend reading the book "Natural Cures" by Kevin Trudeau or visiting the website naturalcures.com

I try to live as naturaly as I possibly can - but I've still got a long ways to go - the body simply was'nt designed to process all of the man made chemicals that we throw at it

David - No need to become a vegetarian... - just eat farm raised and localy butchered meat

Brent - Jack is so healthy in his old age because he still uses that juicer daily... - you simply can't beat organic nutrition...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.