Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brandon (23), doctorfrau (51), dwigginsr (55), Glen (43), RFB (58)
Who's Online
4 registered (kcinohio, PhoenixRising, CafeMan, YYZGIRL), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63101 Topics
441274 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#134945 - 07/16/05 04:18 PM Lethargy/Apathy
Ryan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaineville, GA
Is this common after first being triggered? You see, I'd been going to counseling and been put on anti-depressants just over a month before having the conversation with my dad that triggered my memory.

Before that, I would do chores and odd jobs around the house here and there. I may not have wanted to and every now and then acted a bit passive-aggressive about it, but at least I pulled myself up and did the work. Once the meds kicked in, I was even more motivated to do it all.

But now, I seem to be back to that low point, lower actually. It's like 'What's the point?' I can't seem to find the strength or will to want to do what needs to be done unless I do everything, short of literally kicking myself in the rear, to convince myself to get up and work.

This is bad because I'm having to take care of my uncle at the same time as dealing with the crap I've just remembered. Anyone have any good suggestions to fight this off and get back to the 'normal' everyday routine?

#134946 - 07/16/05 05:44 PM Re: Lethargy/Apathy
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I dunno really, but I used to do a lot more when I took the meds, and now I have to kick myself too.

Maybe the depression has got a bit deeper, I suppose you will come out of it.

Try making a tick list of jobs and times to do them, maybe that will work.

I remember when I had loads of computer work to do at home, and I work into the early hours on it, I then put a cut off point of 10pm, and it is now 8pm, where I just relax a bit.

hope it helps,

ste

#134947 - 07/16/05 06:41 PM Re: Lethargy/Apathy
medicb4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sweden
I was going to get worked up about this post
(An Apathy joke in case it isn't obvious)

My life right now is like a poster life for depression. Our home is a mess (renovations that make The Money Pit look like a Bob Vila Dream), be are broke, my wife is unemployed and too depressed to look for work, she just broke ties with her family (and our babysitting resource), I hate my job, My job forces me to travel and even though I have slipped it for 2 months I have a backlog I will have to take care of, Our dog will probably have to be put down before the cold weather comes (arthritis) and my car needs 40000 in repairs before the next vehicle inspection.

OTOH (and this is the important part), We are all physically healthy...there is no shortage of network should we really need it.

The trick is not focusing on the stuff that sucks.

It is like collision avoidance...don't stare at the rock / tree / elk - keep your eyes where you want to be. It works - at least so far.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.