Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
2 registered (Tanis2105, 1 invisible), 58 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#134927 - 07/08/05 11:39 AM Re: writing & poetry
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Hitting out, is a sure way of releasing anger.
Learning to use a tool such as anger, is a choice we make in life.

I chose to not use anger, as people just walk away from angry and loud people.

I can lash out at people, yes. It was how I learned to protect myself from bullies, and people who wanted to hurt for seemingly no reason.

I think "well-being", is being you, and being who you are, and not how society wants to change the real you, for what ever reason.

Being "YOU" is the best thing you can ever be, because you have a really nice and caring mind.

What else do you ever need?

ste

#134928 - 07/08/05 05:02 PM Re: writing & poetry
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kevin,

I think Ste has really hit it dead on. Be yourself! Your poetry is full of power and emotion and you express yourself beautifully. It's a gift! Share it and let it help you to heal!

Yes, I have also noticed that most of the young guys here are into poetry, though I did not take the next step to ask what does that mean. One solution that occurs to me is that what brings a boy here is his inner strength and courage. Once he is here those same resources lead him to give voice to his feelings in a way he sees others doing. Poetry is a tremendous vehicle of expression and one of boundless beauty and power. I think it's great that you guys are willing and able to express yourselves in that way.

But that's just the hopeless romantic talking. A psychologist would have a better answer.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#134929 - 07/08/05 05:24 PM Re: writing & poetry
BT Offline

Loc: Chicago IL
Writing and poetry have at various times been a wonderful therapy for me.

Sometimes it is an escape of sorts, but often it is my way of venting my frustrations.

While there is a poetry forum, things you have or like or have written yourself, that pertains to the point of this forum would be welcome.

thanks,
brent.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.