Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63204 Topics
441956 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#134887 - 07/07/05 07:54 PM Walking
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Walking every day after work helps me to clear my head and helps me get the stress out of my body and it is good 4 weight reduction also.

Works 4 me

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#134888 - 07/07/05 09:04 PM Re: Walking
FastForward Offline

Loc: US
I walk in the mornings. It is a great way to see the here and now. And it is a great way to lift the mood and start the day. \:\)

L&P - always.

#134889 - 07/07/05 09:57 PM Re: Walking
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Yeah, walking and winding down, smiling at people you meet, if you can do it \:\)

It can be so much good if you can relieve the stress of the day this way and enjoy the spirit of life,

ste

#134890 - 07/09/05 06:49 AM Re: Walking
Willy Offline

Loc: Illinois
I agree with all of you. Walking/jogging has been the only type of exercise that I find myself sticking to. The only thing is that you develop great muscles on your legs but its hard to develop your upper body just by walking or jogging. Any ideas?

#134891 - 07/09/05 06:54 AM Re: Walking
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Willy,

My T wants me to take up boxing to firm up and build strength and be more fit. Paid 4 the class, but haven't gone yet. Just not up to it yet.

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#134892 - 07/12/05 08:16 PM Re: Walking
FastForward Offline

Loc: US
Weight ligting is good for upper body strength. Push ups are good ase well and you can do those pretty much anywhere! THere are also DVD's focusing on upper body so you can find one that you like. And I am sure there are slassees as well.

L&P - always.

#134893 - 07/12/05 08:40 PM Re: Walking
BT Offline

Loc: Chicago IL
Finding the sort of exersize or physical activity that you can stick to and enjoy is by far the most important thing.

So if walking and jogging is your thing and weight training doesn't sound too fun or you have had problems sticking to it... some ideas to try...

The only way that you will increase your muscle size and strength is to push your muscle beyond what they are used to. So the point of any change to your routine is to stress muscle groups in ways they are not accustomed to.

Try to add some wrist weights or carry dumb bells while you are jogging.

Find a jogging trail that either has some exersize areas built in, or find a place along your current path where you can do some push ups and pull ups.

Take along a jump rope and work in a few minutes.

Add some sit ups, crunches, and maybe some leg lifts, either along the way or at home.

Push ups will work your chest and by changing the distance between where you put your hands you will be able to work on more areas of your chest, and you will touch on your arms as well.

pull ups will work your upper back and again changing the distance between your grip will change the focus.

the jump rope will replicate some of the results you are getting from jogging, but it will help increase your stamina and help with your calves.

And of course the dreaded sit ups and crunches...but in addition to the obvious, abbs is a core muscle group that will help you develop every other area as well...

And if you haven't done these sorts of exersize since high school gym class... start with one...and work up...they are all pretty hard...

I believe with a little work and imagination you can take any activity and build a whole body workout around it.

brent.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.