Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
6 registered (BraveFalcon, Shyshark, 4 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444211 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#132390 - 05/30/06 08:51 PM Re: What does it mean to be masculine in a ....
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
ToT,

Quote:
At any rate, I am seeking out what is good and lovable about me...what contributes to making me a desirable type of man. Authentic, I can do that, but is that it?
Yes, that is it, at least as a foundation. Learning to be true to yourself and to LOVE yourself like that will surely make everything else look a lot less difficult.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#132391 - 06/02/06 05:06 PM Re: What does it mean to be masculine in a ....
TrailofTears Offline

Loc: Central Kentucky
I was thinking and Authenticity is really about how to be a descent person and is not really masculine or feminine. Again I get tired of the labeling process; I want to be lovable, desirable and attractive to women and I want respect from other men.....I guess I want to be liked and cared for and who doesn't want that? I want to be loved for me, unconditionally and I did not get that as a child and don't supppose it is very realistic to expect that from an adult relationship. People cheat, lie, and betray...Am I just setting myself up for more emotional pain by wanting these things? ......Sorry, thought just came pouring out.
ToT

#132392 - 06/02/06 05:17 PM Re: What does it mean to be masculine in a ....
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
ToT,

No need for an apology. Your thoughts are right on the money.

I think we are all easily tempted to accommodate what we think other people want, because this way we will receive immediate approval and validation. I think this is the situation that has you troubled.

And good thing too! What a heavy price for approval! To be approved for one's acting rather than for one's self? To disrespect oneself or betray one's values for the sake of rewards from other people? I think that is always a danger when we push too hard: on each other and on ourselves.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#132393 - 06/29/06 02:41 PM Re: What does it mean to be masculine in a ....
TrailofTears Offline

Loc: Central Kentucky
I have finally discovered that no other persons love matters as much as my love towards myself. It has to start there or I will have nothing to share with another. I will forever be chasing externals for self validation if I don't love myself faults, flaws and all. I choose to give myself the love I never had as a child and to stop waiting for someone else to do it for me!!!
I understand that what happened and the things that were said really were lies....what sweet release!!!
ToT

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.