Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63234 Topics
442181 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#132069 - 09/10/05 02:24 PM *****MAJOR TRIGGERS in 'Identity what am I******
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
Please be aware that there are MAJOR triggers in the thread 'identity what am i', especially in Ken Singer's response. If the Topic Subject can be edited, please do so to warn of triggers. Sheesh, wish I hadn't read it. - John

#132070 - 09/10/05 07:18 PM Re: *****MAJOR TRIGGERS in 'Identity what am I******
lostone Offline

In regards to "Major Triggers" where can I find a list of what NOT to put in my posts to be more sensitive or should I add Trigger Warning in my subject headings if I think it will affect people in a negative way for them to avoid. I can sort of see (I haven't walked in his shoes) where he is coming from.

If the MS Discussion Board had a message at the top of the discussion area, a list added to that affect that would be great.

Please refer me to an area to find out more about this, thanks. I didn't find even the major Triggers in the glossary of terms under prevention.

Sorry if my posts triggered anyone else dealing with being a Male Survivor before Major Trigger was added to the subject line.

#132071 - 09/10/05 10:49 PM Re: *****MAJOR TRIGGERS in 'Identity what am I******
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
My apologies for not putting the trigger warning in. I had posted the same section a few months back and probably posted the warning but neglected to today.
Sorry,
Ken

#132072 - 09/10/05 11:36 PM Re: *****MAJOR TRIGGERS in 'Identity what am I******
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
lostone - Actually, your post didn't trigger me as much as Ken's reply to your post. Triggers can come in all shapes and sizes. I think what got to me today was the graphic de>

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.