Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 61 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#131946 - 06/09/05 04:09 AM feeling weird...not sure where this goes (triggers?)
demonboi Offline

Loc: East Coast

Every hour, cause it's all good
Leave all the stress from the world outside
Every wrong done will be alright
Nothin but peace, love
And street passion, every ghetto needs a thug mansion

#131947 - 06/09/05 06:45 AM Re: feeling weird...not sure where this goes (triggers?)
Charlie Offline
MaleSurvivor

#131948 - 06/09/05 07:10 AM Re: feeling weird...not sure where this goes (triggers?)
sophiesdad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida

#131949 - 06/10/05 11:42 AM Re: feeling weird...not sure where this goes (triggers?)
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Nyjah,

Just to stress what SD has said, what happened to you last night is entirely normal. You may find it embarrassing, but that is normal as well Ė this is something new that is happening to you and many boys react as you have. But there is nothing dirty or gross about it, and if you ask Ryan I am sure he will tell you that this happened to him too when he was your age. You donít need to hide this from your big sister; she will understand.

When I entered puberty and these things began to happen to me, I wondered all the time does this have something to do with what my abuser made me do? Does this mean being abused is making me sexually sick? This is not true at all! Wet dreams, getting hair in your groin and under your arms, and changes in your voice are all entirely normal. It just means you are growing up. It has nothing to do with what happened to you when you were abused.

These changes are making you wonder if your abuse was all your fault: could you have stopped it and said no, should you have known how it would turn out? In fact, Nyjah, what happened to you was that someone older and larger tricked you and betrayed you and used you. It was not your job to know what would happen or to stop it once it started. It was his job to leave you alone. It is natural to wonder about this, but do believe this one: it wasn't your fault.

Take care,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#131950 - 06/10/05 12:20 PM Re: feeling weird...not sure where this goes (triggers?)
demonboi Offline

Loc: East Coast

Every hour, cause it's all good
Leave all the stress from the world outside
Every wrong done will be alright
Nothin but peace, love
And street passion, every ghetto needs a thug mansion

#131951 - 06/11/05 12:09 AM Re: feeling weird...not sure where this goes (triggers?)
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi demonboi, if you do get more weird ideas, do talk about them to somebody.

When I went through puberty, and for a long time after I felt that I was growing up to become a rapist. I was raped at 11 years old in 1968. I never told anyone about it while I was growing up. I thought every weird thought I had meant that I was becoming a rapists. It was not until 1992, that I got brave enough to start reading books about sex and puberty and rape. What I found out was a lot of the thoughts and sex fantasies that I had were normal for normal guys that go through puberty. But I related everything to being raped, and thinking I was growing up to become a rapist, or worst.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.