Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (SurvivingMe, 2 invisible), 55 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62495 Topics
438033 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#131876 - 04/01/05 03:28 AM I told my T
Glen Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
And he assures me I am normal. I told him he was the first person I have ever told In my whole life. Im scared about it thats all just feeling really vulnerable right now and I dont like it at all.

#131877 - 04/01/05 04:09 AM Re: I told my T
Mark R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Yea for you!

What a frightening and wonderful first step. Congratulations, good for you. I remember the first time I told someone; it was awful. It does get better. ((())) I remember that after I had told several people, they all said the same thing - oh how awful. Then I told my cousin, we are about 6 weeks apart. She reached out and hugged me. What a wonderful feeling. To be hugged and loved for something I thought was so horrible and degrading. All the terrible things, she knew, and she still loved me. Keep talking. Each time you tell your story you will get louder and louder. Itís a wonderful feeling.

Mark

#131878 - 04/01/05 07:33 AM Re: I told my T
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Glen, none of us like feeling exposed and vulnerable; however, to move forward is to risk some exposure with somebody. I felt proud that you took the step because I know how hard it is and the amount of sheer guts to trust that other person. As you realize your T. can be trusted, that fear and vulnerability should subside. To have a T. with whom we are afraid to speak honestly and directly, is a waste of good therapy time. Keep being brave and you'll begin to make more progress in your recovery.

Howard

#131879 - 04/01/05 07:55 AM Re: I told my T
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ya, Glen, Congratulations!!

Not easy. Like my therapist said to me today, "it's the hard sessions where the real work happens." Good thing that the hard session was last night in group...I couldn't have handled another today, like you did. Good man, hats off, buddy.
Keep us posted.

David

#131880 - 04/01/05 11:03 AM Re: I told my T
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
fantastic!!

being open with your T is very important. one thing i've learned is that the things we want to hide most, are the very things we need to be talking about.

i had to tell Howard about my atraction to animals, other men and things like that. i just kept reminding myself that they've likely heard it all, and the he was a professional, and i just kept firing from the hip.

#131881 - 04/04/05 09:48 AM Re: I told my T
Glen Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I am feeling liberated from my last T session. I know I am not a freak.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.