Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (matt123, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447592 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#131844 - 03/15/05 02:50 AM Re: Being scared
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Glaukos,

He was a liar! I believe you. He was a piece of shit!

Tell what you need when you can. Do not feel like you have to disclose anything to us. Do so only when you feel comfortable with it.

Casey

#131845 - 03/15/05 07:47 AM Re: Being scared
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Glaukos - Welcome to the site!! Glad you posted and let us know about your hurts and pains. You have many deep and serious questions. That's a sign you're needing, wanting and looking for answers. We've all been there and this is the place to ask questions/find answers! You're not alone in this! Look around the site; explore some of the articles and resources under the site name at the top; as things clear up and you're ready - ask for what you need or need to know; here we are all seekers in various stages of recovery. Keep posting and commenting! See ya around!

Howard

#131846 - 03/15/05 04:24 PM Re: Being scared
self_righting Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
glaukos,

We are all scared. It is a terrible burden these dreadful secrets that blacken our souls. You are here now with people who feel the same things and share many of the same experiences. When you are ready we will listen. We ask nothing of you. Talk when you are ready. It is OK to be scared. It means you are alive and you want to be safe. That is 100% normal. Stick around and join in when you are able.

John

#131847 - 03/16/05 08:41 AM Re: Being scared
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, G,

I hope that you have a good therapist to talk this stuff over with. If you don't have one we have a guide under the "resources," area, above. If you can not find one after checking that area out, get a hold of Ken Singer from the directory and check with him. He tries to keep up with who's who and where they are. OK?
Welcome to MaleSurvivor, we hope that we can give you the encouragement that you need.

David

#131848 - 03/16/05 05:02 PM Re: Being scared
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
Glaukos, I believe you! It's so important to be believed. I'm so sorry you're frightened, but it's so very understandable. I care about what happened to you, Glaukos. We all care. Bobby

#131849 - 03/25/05 12:24 PM Re: Being scared
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Glaukos, in this place we will all believe you, and we all care.

He is a piece of shit, and I hope you can keep distance from him, maybe report him.

It is very hard to make any headway, when this is so raw, there are so many deep emotions, to go through, and it can make you feel like you are going mad.

We are all here for you,

ste

#131850 - 03/26/05 08:09 AM Re: Being scared
ShyBear Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The American South
Glaukos,

I believe you, too. And you did NOTHING wrong !

#131851 - 03/30/05 05:13 AM Re: Being scared
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Glaukos,

As you have read already and I repeat, it was not your fault and you are not alone. We believe you. I still tremble and still am afraid espically when I have flashbacks.

Sometimes I hide in the corner of the room with my arms folded across my chest and somtimes I cry out in fear. On the outside I am 6' 3" tall but when this stuff happens I feel 4yars old again and I am 2' tall again. I did this last night.

I have found out that when you have these thoughts and memories like I did last night more and more, they lose their sting and you become less scared after awhile. They don't go away but you knoe the source and you can deal with them better.

Post when and If you are able. There are a bunch of supportive guys here that will really really care.

My best to you

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.