Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (dan_in_newengland, jmr2191, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445554 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#131504 - 08/18/04 09:36 AM COURAGE Participants.
FastForward Offline

Loc: US
Hi!

Now that it is here, this is probably the best forum to ask the following:

I am wondering, if there are any folks here who have had any experiences with Courage and Encourage programs?

http://www.couragerc.net

Thank you for considering sharing your experience. Best wishes.

L&P - always.

#131505 - 08/18/04 11:16 AM Re: COURAGE Participants.
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
Hello FastForward,

Yes last year I was involved both in the local Courage group in Atlanta as well as the online Yahoo group.

I can tell you that there are many very kind and considerate guys there.

What I found though, is their remedy for homosexuality is one of complete self-denial. I can tell you many things but the biggest problem I have with them and the viewpoint of the Catholic Church is the proclomation that homosexuality is disordered and the cure for it is chastity. Any form of sexual expression (masturbation included) is prohibited.

I became good friends with a guy via the Yahoo Courage group and he too had the same tremendous internal struggle that I had while participating in the group. I can tell you honestly that since leaving them and accepting myself for who I am, I am at more peace. Not complete peace, but more peaceful, if that makes any sense.

Just my thoughts.

Jimmer \:\)

#131506 - 08/18/04 12:06 PM Re: COURAGE Participants.
Aden Offline

The Catholic Church takes 300 years to change its mind. Eventually they might get it right. But not in this life time. Popes and Cardinals really hate to admit they ever got it wrong! I mean, it is hard to cop to making a mistake when you speak with the unopposable voice of God.

Chastity works. For those who feel overpowering guilt because of their sexual orientation. Just saying no is a viable answer when sexual activity causes pain and guilt. It is not the only answer or even the best answer. But it is an answer. It works if you work it. The problem with the chastity solution is that you damn near have to chop the thing off in order to ignore it.

What the Church fails to answer is the possibility that you may have been created as you are for reasons that even the Pope isnít in on. This is what I am trying to say: Deal with these guys. They mean well. But trust the voice in your own heart.

Aden

#131507 - 08/18/04 03:36 PM Re: COURAGE Participants.
FastForward Offline

Loc: US
Thanks! I was fascinated by the testimonials on the COurage web site. As for chastity, I consciously chose it almost two years ago and I much admit that it was hard at the beginning. Something about being in the prome of my life. \:\) But the process has thought me a lot and has helped me see things differently.

I suppose that the military has thought me that doing what need to be done requires sacrifices. In the process, I have learned to see the past more clearly. And I really enjoy the fact that my life is a lot more sexualized.

I suppose I am just looking for answers.

L&P - always.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.