Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129588 - 11/04/04 07:17 AM vegetarian possible link
myquietspace Offline

Loc: adelaide, australia
just a thought, is anyone here a vegetarian? I am a vegetarian and the only 2 guys I know who have been abused are vegetarian aswell. I was wondering if this is a link here or just a coincidence.

#129589 - 11/04/04 09:14 AM Re: vegetarian possible link
Aden Offline

There is nothing wrong with vegitereanism. But it does tend to make a person windy and full of self-rightiousness.

Peace! I eat one vegiterian meal every day. It keeps me regular. As to whether or not it has anything to do with abuse, it depends. Killing a turnip is not the same as killing a cow. After all, vegetables have feelings. Cows are just meat balls with toenails.

No. It has nothing to do with your diet. It could be your attitude, your stance, or your looks. But not what you eat. Unless all of those veggies give you really repulsive gas...

#129590 - 11/04/04 05:02 PM Re: vegetarian possible link
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Animal, vegetable or mineral, they don't care what you eat. Most wild animals prefer meat if I recollect rightly. These animals don't even belong in the animal kingdom, so it is hard to determine whether they prefer vegetarians.

I am not a veggie, I think he preferred me, because I was skinny and caught in his trap. No real match against someone so big and strong!
But, he wanted his piece of meat and he devoured it, consuming me with it.

ste

#129591 - 11/04/04 08:13 PM Re: vegetarian possible link
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Myquietspace,

Sounds like sheer coincidence to me. There are traits that some of us acquire through bad interactions with parents, guardians, authority figures, etc. that might make us easier targets for other perps later. But I don't think a vegetarian lifestyle is one of them. More like lack of self esteem, strong need for validation/love/approval, stuff like that.

Thanks,

Joe

#129592 - 11/04/04 10:25 PM Re: vegetarian possible link
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
I don't think that a vegetarian diet carries with it a lifestyle. Its sub-categories, such as Vegan and Macro-Biotic, seem to, especially the latter.

I really think that imposing any degree of rigidity on the controllable parts of our lives is a response to the emtional chaos that results from CSA.

Regardless of the justifications that are offered, physical or spiritual, the core purpose is control, plain and simple.

(I really don't think this is off-topic but, then, it seems there is no aspect of my life that is not entwined with the CSA I experienced.)

#129593 - 11/04/04 11:56 PM Re: vegetarian possible link
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

myquietspace,
it is a strange coincidence, but i think also that it is just one of those things, not a true corelation. i know as an academic that there are many things that seem to be related but once looked at it can be understood that the apparent relationships were not as strong, or are actually nonexistent. i am also a vegetarian by choice and have been for about 12-15 yrs. perhaps there is a better relationship corelating the need to express some form of control as stated elsewhere above, hence, the vegetarian diet. personally, i chose this way because of my ethics for myself alone. looking back, i can also see how it could be an expression of soome kind of self control as well. it was a legit question, but i do believe it was more an accidental relationship than an actual causal factor. take care.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.