Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442124 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#129500 - 10/28/04 10:43 AM Re: Stuffed Animals
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Got a small stuffed dog called "Renfrew" he's for the little Arch.

Renfrew is the surname of a famous living UK archaeologist.

Regards

Archnut or nuts about archaeology,

#129501 - 10/28/04 12:58 PM Re: Stuffed Animals
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I have Joe (the bear), Lion (the lion), a new, larger, still unnamed lion, and a new tiger I got for my b-day. Still unamed.

Then there's Onyx, the panther. Too big for most travel.

I have an old Coca Cola bear that I grew fond of years ago. I have a jointed bear my wife made for me, too.

Thanks,

Joe

#129502 - 10/28/04 12:59 PM Re: Stuffed Animals
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oooh, almost forgot. The kitty that my wife made for me last Christmas from the old pajamas I refused to throw away! \:D

Joe

#129503 - 10/28/04 04:51 PM Re: Stuffed Animals
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Have a stuffed dog and a special 'little kid' blanket that is most often on my bed. Also a small bear from my girlfriend. Neither have names though.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#129504 - 10/28/04 06:24 PM Re: Stuffed Animals
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Have to admit, when I go to the hypermarket, the first aisle, I seem to walk down, is the one with the cuddly bears at the end.

I need to buy one, but which one? It is like being at the dog pound, when you just want to take them all home with you and look after them.

OK, I will go out and buy one real soon,

ste \:\)

#129505 - 10/28/04 06:40 PM Re: Stuffed Animals
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
i got one at barnes & noble a few months ago. best investment i've ever made. his name is "barney" (yeah, original) and he keeps me grounded when i'm having nightmares. he's also a touchstone when i need to talk to little scot.

good topic! \:\)

peace and love,

scot

p.s. nothing to be embarassed about anyway. everyone should have a friend.

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#129506 - 10/29/04 02:29 AM Re: Stuffed Animals
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
My number 1 stuffed animal is a little brown bear that I have had since I was about 3 y/o - this little bear (wich was never named cause he was a nobody like me) knows every detail of every last bad thing that ever happpened to me in my childhood and soaked up the tears of many, many years... - he is looking very worn and dirty but I would'nt trade him for a million dollars - he now sits on the end of my bed every night still looking over me as I sleep (just as he aways has)

Shaggy is my #2 bear - he is my go-to bear when I am feeling sad and small - hav'nt had him for no where's near as long as my first bear but he's become a good friend to talk with and he's so soft and cuddly...

I also have a 'child's blanket' that I have had since I was 4 (my grandmother made it for me) - it is permanently stained from the many years of tears that were shed into it - I used to wrap myself tightly into that blanket to feel protected - today it sits folded at the end of my bed under 'bear' (sort of as a living memorial to my past I guess)

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#129507 - 10/29/04 10:40 PM Re: Stuffed Animals
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just bought a brown bear, I got a strange feeling cuddling him, thinking, he should be with some kid? I hope I can bond with him.

Don't know about names yet.

Any suggestions for a brown bear?

ste

#129508 - 11/05/04 06:08 PM Re: Stuffed Animals
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ste,

I have found that the correct name comes to me when the time is right. I don't try to choose a name. I wait to learn it.

For instance, Joe and Lion used to travel everywhere with me, sitting up front when I had no other passengers. Once when Joe was still unnamed, I tossed my jacket into the car and it landed on his face. I reached in to pull it off, saying, "Sorry, Joe," and then I knew his name.

You'll know in time.

Thanks,

Joe

#129509 - 11/05/04 07:31 PM Re: Stuffed Animals
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Joe,

thanks for the tip, that bear is a new one, I bought another three on Ebay, one is a dog.

The older bears maybe better. If you know what I mean? But the dog one relates to the "bear" I had as a kid, so he will probably be easier to bond with,

I really wish I had my old doggie bear though, he shared so much with me,
thanks again,

ste ;\)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.