Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (Scott1962, Aptrick, pufferfish, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443253 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129486 - 10/23/04 10:03 PM Is this good or bad?
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
The entire MS website seems to be much less active since I've returned than it was when I left. Very few posts or responses. Very little little activity in the other areas too. Did something good / bad happen while I was gone? Are people feeling and doing better? I'm wondering what's going on, because quite frankly, I feel a little lost and am not sure of what to do. On top of that, my posts with some serious questions to the LT and in the member's section are getting little or no responses. It appears to me that not only have people left the forums, but the Management and leadership has dissappeared too. Can someone please tell me what is going on? MS needs all of us to be able to continue being here for anyone.

#129487 - 10/24/04 08:33 AM Re: Is this good or bad?
Aden Offline

Good and bad are subjective measurements. Some left to sleep eternal, some to breath clean air, others for more productive pursuits, still other flee pursuing beasts, while you and I remain. What to name the reasons for change? The passage of time and the acts of men! Neither poetry nor prose will tell the tale, but the honest heart will sort it out. And so the emptiness of this room...Seriously!

Aden
(with a chuckle)

#129488 - 10/25/04 09:34 PM Re: Is this good or bad?
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
Mikey,
maybe this is good sign that many survivors become self-sufficient to deal with their problems (so they do not need this site anymore).
On the other hand it can be that most of them are just tired for the time being with old and painful questions.

I want to believe to the first statement.

By the way I am sorry that you are feeling lost.
Speak to us about it if you want.

Ivo

#129489 - 10/25/04 11:28 PM Re: Is this good or bad?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Mikey
I think MS, like most online places, does go through through quieter periods. But tonight when I logged on there are far too many posts to read properly.

And like any other situation where a bunch of people get together we do have occassions when people fall out. But I think we're all growing together here now and we seem to deal with these 'fights' far better than we did. I don't think they affect the other people on MS as much as they used to.

It's always sad to see newcomers because we 'know' why they're here. But it is good that they've found their way here.
New guys bring with them their problems, that are probably the same as our problems, but with a slightly different slant to them.
And I certainly don't say that in any way that might stop a new guy posting something because we might have heard it before, we don't 'flame' guys here because whatever the problem is it's new to them, and very personal to them.

Because of the flow of guys through the site we're usually dealing with everything at once. But maybe your question isn't at the front of many peoples minds just now.
If you're still seeking answers then bump your post up again and ask for replies. Your question is important to you, so don't let it sink without trace.
Sometimes we just a gentle kick to get us going.

Dave

#129490 - 10/26/04 01:02 AM Re: Is this good or bad?
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

mike,
i can only respond with my own journey. ever since LT left for good i have been fighting something i could not understand. she is not at all at fault. her leaving has triggered some deep-seated terrors that i have kept at bay for years. no need to go into details here. again, she is not to blame. i have learned much in the last several week's journey, but i still have many miles to go, etc. i cannot respond in the forums because of my tentative grasp on where i am now...yet, i still come back. despite the lack of response, many of us here who have been here a while, still stop by. i know that i have used the "visitor" label before when i could not allow my handle to be seen for my own perceived safety. mike, i am so grateful you are back. do take, my brother. i am here. i trust you have my addy. if not, pm and i will correct the oversight, lol.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.