Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
2 registered (watzupwitu, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63409 Topics
443328 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129456 - 10/21/04 04:45 PM Red! Sox! RULE!!!!!!
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Yes, they do!

\:D !

Even if they don't win the Big One, their getting there after dropping three straight, winning when they NEEDED to, is truly an accomplishment.

George Steinbrenner can kiss my hairy, Boston-baked-beans-laden @$$!

GO SOX!

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#129457 - 10/21/04 04:53 PM Re: Red! Sox! RULE!!!!!!
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
GO SOX!

Amazing and well deserved.

#129458 - 10/21/04 05:14 PM Re: Red! Sox! RULE!!!!!!
Aden Offline

It is nice to enjoy the victory of an underdog. When they are who you have been rooting for all along it is pure joy. Myself, I never cared. But this one is one that even I can enjoy.

#129459 - 10/21/04 09:23 PM Re: Red! Sox! RULE!!!!!!
Mr. Malaise Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
I think what the Sox did shows alot of courage. Trailing 3 games to none, trailing in the bottom of the 8th inning of game 4, doom staring them in the face, they did not give up. They had to feel awful while being so far down. But,they took it one step at time and work themselves back to victory. And they did it against a very strong team. The sox don't need to win the world series, in my book they are the champs. A remarkable display of resilience. Watching them I realize it really "ain't over 'till it's over". As long as the game is on, it's never too late to become what you really are.

#129460 - 10/21/04 10:22 PM Re: Red! Sox! RULE!!!!!!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Now, lets see the World Series between St Louis and Boston!

The Marlins knocked the Yankees out last year and glad to see the tradition continued this year.. heheheheheheehehehehehehehehehehe

Ok, I'm having way too much fun here!

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#129461 - 10/22/04 02:58 AM Re: Red! Sox! RULE!!!!!!
CFO Dave Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Millis MA
Great series! Great team! I wish I could get tickets to one of the games at Fenway.

"The soul that is within me no man can degrade."
-Frederick Douglas

#129462 - 10/28/04 08:53 PM Re: Red! Sox! RULE!!!!!!
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
The following really brightened my day (which was very dark indeed):

"Ladies and gentlemen, here are your 2004 World Series champions, the BOSTON RED SOX!"

My Mom, God rest her soul, didn't live to see this here. I'm pretty sure she's jawing it over with Teddy Ballgame in Heaven right now.

Yeah, this IS pretty frigging sweet!

All Hail the Sox! The Curse is OVAH!!!!!!!!!!!

\:D

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#129464 - 10/29/04 03:40 AM Re: Red! Sox! RULE!!!!!!
CFO Dave Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Millis MA
Woo Hoo!!! \:D

"The soul that is within me no man can degrade."
-Frederick Douglas

#129465 - 11/05/04 06:15 PM Re: Red! Sox! RULE!!!!!!
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Last week it was 2-0, BoSox, when I left my session on Thursday night. I wished my T (from Boston, and dyed in the wool Red Sox fan) "a very good next two games."

She laughed and said that was optimistic. But guess what I brought up last night, even before mentioning the retreat.

I was delighted to see the historic comeback against the Yankees, in part because it was against the Yankees. I have a lot of admiration for the way they fought, like Dion noted.

It seemed destiny to me, after defeating the Yankees that way, that the curse must surely have been dissolved.

Sports. The mythology of our times. Gotta love it.

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.