Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63651 Topics
444532 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129446 - 10/18/04 11:25 PM What you might be up against.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
This might make your blood boil, but I thought it might be of some use to anyone contemplating legal action against their abusers.

I haven't looked at the site in any depth, and know nothing of US law, so please take it as it comes.

http://www.thebestdefense.com/xyz6.html?source=GGLADG140

Dave

#129447 - 10/19/04 07:37 AM Re: What you might be up against.
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Or, if you file police report in Russia, it just 'disappears'.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#129448 - 10/19/04 12:39 PM Re: What you might be up against.
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
In a lot of cases, and specifically in mine, the statute of limitations is expired for prosecution on the specific crimes I endured.

It's possible sometimes to pursue civil legislation, but I don't think there's anything in that for me. I don't want money, and probably couldn't get any if I won a case. I don't want to "get even." I did what I wanted when I reported earlier this year. I dragged him out of his hiding hole. He doesn't have the luxury of a clean record when he tries to position himself to attack someone else.

There may be more. I need to return a call to the police later this week to get the update. It was a big step for me to make the report. I know I did what I needed to do. Partly because of the friendships and inspiration I have found here, I have done a lot of things I needed to do in the past 18 months.

Sorry to go off hijacking the thread this way. Online time isn't as available as it once was, and I had a lot to say.

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.