Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63793 Topics
445487 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129418 - 10/17/04 05:23 AM Scary diagnosis
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
I saw a doctor yesterday. He asked many questions and I filled out form after form. THe results; I have anxiety and depression issues. I have had suicidal thoughts lately (I would not act on them), and it appears I may be bipolar.

Yippee, My ex-sister-in-law is bipolar, and is a crazy bitch. I admit I have ups and downs, but the thought of bipolar chills me to the bone. I am terrified to get as bad as the ex, who tried to kill my brother with a hammer, a knife, and a thankfully unloaded gun.

Should I even consider getting into a relationship if that is what my future holds. I refuse to treat people the way Lisa does. I am not hateful, but could this progress to the stage where I would try to hurt someone I care about? That thought makes my blood run cold.

I know it is a bit early to be freaking out about this. It is not 100% that I am bipolar, but I am scared. Do any of you have any helpful words that might help me get into a calmer emotional state? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time,

Casey

#129420 - 10/18/04 06:49 PM Re: Scary diagnosis
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
kc,

don't worry about it, I don't think you will be diagnosed bi-polar. Depressed, yes, this thing can mock a load of other things they can put a name to. Don't be afraid of relationships, if a girl really loves you, she will stick by you, even if you tell her what went on. If she doesn't, then she is not right for you.

Hell, you should not have to go through this, it affects everything we do,

have courage,

you will get there,

ste

#129421 - 10/18/04 07:01 PM Re: Scary diagnosis
jwwells Offline

Loc: Ontario
Casey. I've known I am BiPolar for 20 something years know. I was a top QA & Safety Engineer. I raised two boys with no woman around the house. I dated a LOT! I've written a good many articles on many topics.

It's not as scarey as it sounds. Try reading some of kay Redfield-Jameison's books on the topic, she is one of us as well as a world recognized authority on BiPolar disorder.

jw, who doesn't worry about the BiPolar

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.