Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, aniceguy, 2 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64012 Topics
446747 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129394 - 10/15/04 08:40 PM fire in ice self help
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Just found this forum of a place in UK, it has a load of self help stuff on there. There is also some triggering stuff there, so beware.

There are sections on self help, and a forum, while it is not as good as this site, it may be of help, especially for guys who are going through early stages of finding themselves with these feelings.

http://www.fireinice.co.uk/

Also a mine of good stuff here

http://www.aest.org.uk/survivors/male/ibc.html

Quote:
Canada lags far behind other western democracies in the study of male victims and their male and female abusers. In fact, among the large and growing number of research studies on male victims only a small number are Canadian. Social policy development, public education, treatment programs and research funding, and the evolution of a more inclusive discourse on interpersonal violence that reflects the male experience are all long overdue.

#129395 - 10/16/04 10:43 AM Re: fire in ice self help
jwwells Offline

Loc: Ontario
In Canada 100% of the research funding MUST go to women. It's a function of the Gender Funding Regulations and Human Rights Code. It is SICK, Perverted and gross. It is also violently supported by all political parties. You can be placed on the non-contact list for publicly opposing the contempt and support for violence which is the current system.

The system:

There are seven university based research centres into violence: All are feminist and strongly opposed to all men. All seven are paid for by the Canadian taxpayer.

Also, all information on violence in Canada is passed out by the National Clearinghouse on Family Violence, which is part of Health Canada. The clearinghouse is violently radical feminist only. None of the primary research material which focuses on men is allowed as the feminists are violently opposed to it. The same goes for advocacy. There are programs for male molested as boys which have good records, such as the one created by the Jesuits. These programs may not bee discussed because the feminists at the Clearinghouse are opposed to the concept of non-feminist based therapy.

It's one of the reasons for Canadian men's groups having asked Amnesty International to declare Canada a country using hate to promote violence.

jw

#129396 - 10/16/04 11:26 AM Re: fire in ice self help
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
JW,

I posted that quote, because I see so many references to the things going on in your country, and it needs to be addressed.

Yes, there is a definite case for human rights violation here, both in your country, mine, and a lot of others in the world.

When men and boys are treated as anything less victims in society for crimes vented against them, then is it any wonder they turn into less than functional adults?

We do have to get the message across, to stop this evil cycle, and for funding for the help these people so desperately need as victims.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.