Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (motmcd, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63569 Topics
444139 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129385 - 10/15/04 10:39 AM Anne Geddes Sucks
forlauren Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I like these art critics and I wholeheartedly agree. Some of those pictures are really really gross, with all the naked babies' pink wrinkly flesh spilling out of some glamazon flower.

I hate Anne Geddes. You know, the lady who takes pictures of babies as flowers or caterpillars or nuts or what have you. Yeah, that's really freaking fantastic. My personal favourite is the "warehouse of babies," most of whom look cold and miserable and are probably wondering what the hell they're doing encased in terra cotta pottery. She gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm not saying babies aren't cute! I'm just saying they don't belong in my Earl Grey.

High Kitsch Geddes' images degrade and isolate her subjects. Her prehistoric "cutsie" images, though appealing to a kitsch market, do not allow for a social comment to transcend the visual confines of her exploitive commercial "photography." In some senses, she could be seen as a radical post-modernist artist, as she abstracts the subject from social normality and removes any dignity from the development of the child, calling it contemporary art. It is frightening to be in an age where people will grasp such superficially degrading images. Geddes has made a personal fortune off photographing babies, subjects usually positioned in inhumane circumstances (ie: babies in flowerpots or dipped in custard), which removes human dignity and allows us to question Geddes moral intent

#129386 - 10/16/04 08:22 AM Re: Anne Geddes Sucks
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
if someone put my baby in one of those positions i would really take exception - she uses them a lot like william wegman uses puppies -
i mean i just think she has had her run - it was a novelty - now do something else lady-

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.