Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441811 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129354 - 10/11/04 08:42 AM Disassociation
Oz Offline

Loc: Australia
Not sure where to put this one, and in many ways it's the bugger that causes me most concern. But does anyone know how to overcome disassociation? I think that's why I'm able to be happy a lot of the time. I just walk around is a makebelieve world, where everything is rosy and my mind isn't where it should be. It's a stupid side effect of ocd but now that the disorder ain't as bad as what it has been, I can't understand why it isn't going away. Anyone know the best way to cram your consciousness back into yourself? Haha, that sounds stupid but I'm sick of living in a fake world where I'm happy, because I know that I can be happy where I'm at right now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Peter

Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity Luke 13:12

#129356 - 10/19/04 12:52 PM Re: Disassociation
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Peter,

Try to find a T who's experienced in dealing with dissociation and dissociative disorders. My understanding is that these disorders are often very amenable to treatment. I know I have made progress in the last year working with my T on my own dissociation.

http://www.issd.org
http://www.sidran.org

These sites might help, but I'm not sure how US of A or North America centric they are.

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.