Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
4 registered (CheerfulJohn, traveler, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#129274 - 11/05/04 12:05 AM Re: Quotes worth reading
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Originally posted by Leosha,

Quote:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others"....Nelson Mandela.

let us be good to ourselves and each other
Brilliant, we should be the one's who bring the light into the World, just as we see life as the individual who had to live through the many obstacles put before him.

Obstacles so huge, but not so huge as the little boy with his youth and wisdom can overcome. The boy who sees so much of the beauty of the World. A beauty, others can only dream of.

When I was a boy, I dreamed of a World, that people could live in, a place where there is no fear. Maybe a place full of trust and love for one another no matter who we may be. I still dream of that place, maybe it is heaven.

A World of abandon, A World without the inner fear, a World of inner Peace.

it will come to us all,

ste

#129275 - 11/11/04 08:03 AM Re: Quotes worth reading
honest_lion Offline

Loc: Dallas, Tx
Here is one I just read from 'Crucial Conversation'.

One healthy prayer would be like

"Lord please forgive him for committing a sin different than mine".

Thanks Leosha for openning this topic.

#129276 - 11/14/04 02:46 AM Re: Quotes worth reading
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

so many years ago, i came across a book by krishna murti called, "think on these things". he is, or was, an eastern philosopher. so much from that book has influenced me. obviously, it was non-christian in its background, but it spoke so much of what i have since come to believe and articulate in so many ways. i hope i still have that book somewhere, otherwise, i will buy it again. it was a strong, but indirect influence on my bridgebuilder devotion/theology. look it up, i believe it will offer insight on how to think on some things.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.