Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444506 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129227 - 09/27/04 01:10 PM Misandry
jwwells Offline

Loc: Ontario
A few things have put my mind back onto the question of how to handle the increasing misandry in our society, (misandry is "contempt for males").

As misandry has now moved into the core mythology which governs all social interactions in society it has started showing extreme and dangerous side effects: One being the Child-Abuse rate which cannot fall as the misandry factor causes society to refuse to take steps against women who abuse only males. To make that one worse, male victims of such women are considered to be the one at fault: This leads to more and more males moving out of the heart of social interaction. Which leads to more misandry.... We have a self perpetuating system.

An example which has been much on my mind lately is the "T Shirt" flap from here in Ontario. A St. Catharines store was caught selling T shirts with a picture of a bloody hammer and the caption "She deserved it." These are, at best, in bad taste. The Premier called them hate. What was not said is the misandry. The same store sells a T shirt with a bloody pair of scissors and the caption "He deserved it." Girls may (and do) wear this shirt to school: The anti-female shirt is banned from all schools.

The silence, and even support for, violence against males is the misandry and a massive problem which is growing in size and shape at an ever increasing velocity.

I don't know what can be done. It is something we must put out collective minds onto.

jw

#129228 - 09/27/04 04:47 PM Re: Misandry
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
jw,

She doesn't deserve it, nor does he. Nobody deserves to be harmed.

When I was going through my first divorce (I was a battered husband) I was on a trip for work and driving through a college town and was stopped to let a march go by. I was the first car stopped. The theme of the march was 'Stop the Violence Against Women' and the signs and chants bashed men. Here they were bashing men for being violent towards woman and there I was still in pain from the beatings I took from my wife. Pains that I still carry today and will for the rest of my life. It was everything I could do to stay in my car and not give them a piece of my mind. This was eight years ago.

Fast forward six years - Two years ago work sent me and the rest of the employees to violence training. This whole training session was how terrible men are and how they like to beat up and victimize women. The man giving the training structure was the same man that organized that march for 6 years earlier and every year. At the first break I had words for him. Here I was a victim of female on male violence and he is telling me that only males are violent to females. He went on to tell me that sure the female to male violence happens once in a great while that is so insignificant that it isn't worth mentioning. I about through a fit. After the break he did mention that it does happen, but with the disclaimer that it is rare and the men do almost all of the violence.

If the training wasn't required by work I would have walked out. I should have walked out.

The hatred towards men does exist. The misconception that women need help dealing with it and men don't because they are stronger.

Write the Premier and let him know how you feel about it. Write the school. You don't have to sign your name, you can just put jw as you did on this post which was well written and stated your point. You can write a letter to the editor of the newspaper and request your name be kept out.

Take care,
Bill

#129229 - 09/27/04 05:07 PM Re: Misandry
jwwells Offline

Loc: Ontario
Bill, I am so sorry you went threw that. Other battered men have made the same comment and we should all cry out in rage that this should happen.

The seminars which too many people are made to take are sexist and pro-violence: Sadly I am all too aware of the problem.

I came out of the movement of men who have/had custody of children. My babies are now men. So my thinking tends to run on issues around child abuse. Female abusers are being willfully aided by the feminist (both genders) groups in an effort to protect women: As these groups do not and/or will not see abuse of men, they aid abusers, which results in child abuse.

Writing helps. I write newspapers and politicians frequently. Of more help though, is getting men to speak out. When we speak out, women listen. That listening changes people and changed people are what we need.

jw

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.