Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (CafeMan, 2 invisible), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129224 - 09/27/04 04:57 AM Hurricanes, the sequel
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Ok, fortunately those of us in Miami Dade county got spared from the effects of the latest hurricane. We had minor wind gusts up to 35 mph and about a inch of rain. Otherwise, we didn't get much out of it.

To the north of us though is where the storm hit and I really feel for these people. On Sep5 at 12am, Hurricane Frances hit. Three weeks later to the day (sunday), Hurricane Jeane hit at 1am in the exact same spot. Ok how many times can one place get hit in one year and how many hurricanes can hit FL in one year. I say enough already!

Even though we didn't take direct hits in any of these storms and had no damage here, the stress of going through the preparations and waiting and watching the news is traumitizing. It is really wearing on everyone's nerves in some big ways. Everyone is tired... exhausted and I only hope that this is the last storm for quite some time. Florida needs to get back on their feet again and get back to as normal as they can get.

The power company just got the power restored as well from Frances and now they are going through this all over again... unbelievable! I'm going to be doing chair massage to the power company workers this next week which will be my third week to do this. These people are working long days and are under a lot of stress as well.

Anyway, please keep everyone in your thoughts and if you can help through the Red Cross or United Way or other relief endeavors, please do so because some people lost everything they had.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#129225 - 09/27/04 02:12 PM Re: Hurricanes, the sequel
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Don. I cannot believe what is happening the the sunshine state and those who live there. I know that mayn hydro workers from Ontario have been there lending a hand. I am sure glad that you got through with minimal carnage personally and I hope that this is it for Florida for a long time.

I guess I am being a bit selfish when I say this but I think I want to keep the winter blizzards and/or ice storms.

My prayers are for all who have suffered.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#129226 - 09/27/04 09:10 PM Re: Hurricanes, the sequel
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Mike,
I had heard that there were many crews from Canada helping out and I think that this is great when everyone can work together. Maybe if we keep the politicians out of life, things would be much better...grin.

Growing up in the cold Iowa winters, I think I was still made for the warm weather. My body just doesn't enjoy the cold and especially since I haven't lived in it for some time now. I did try a few years ago and brrrrrrr! Call me a wimp.... I'm stayin where it's warm.... heheheheheheheheeeeeeeee...

Hopefully though FL can get on with its life... and get back to the fun and the sun!

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.