Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (PhoenixRising, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63428 Topics
443425 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129146 - 09/19/04 04:55 PM Forum Error in the Members forum
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Am getting the following error when trying to get into the Members forum:

Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text is:

Could not perform buffered print to 'CachePath/ubb_files/forum_page/Forum20/private-NXKHDG30/forum20-1000.cgi'.

The server has told me that the disk space quota has been exceeded - I was prevented from writing to the file.

Please ask the administrator to obtain more disk space.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
Disk quota exceeded

#129147 - 09/19/04 08:14 PM Re: Forum Error in the Members forum
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
EGL
this happens to me as well sometimes, and I'm not sure if it's my isp -AOL - having problems or the MS software / hardware that's at fault.

But we're moving to another provider shortly, so let's hope things improve.
Untill then we'll just have to rely on Fred and his assortment of magic hammers to keep us going :rolleyes:

Dave

#129148 - 09/19/04 10:28 PM Re: Forum Error in the Members forum
brokentoys Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
I get that from time to time. I find that if I just go back to the main section and come back in a time or two it usually gets through eventually. Probably not an ISP thing since I do not use AOL and get the same thing.

Arnold Bennet

#129149 - 09/20/04 12:16 AM Re: Forum Error in the Members forum
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
I get it to but haven't been able to get past it until a day or two later. Frustrating at times and it happens frequently.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#129150 - 09/20/04 03:41 AM Re: Forum Error in the Members forum
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
Guys this one is probably related to the sever problems and not ISP, even me from Bosnia with local internet provider have received this error from time to time. I think it is wider problem. I do not know who is doing IT admin tasks.
It is possible to avoid this, you just try to go into specific parts of a forum on indirect way like this:
for example if you posted something on specific part of the forum that is at the moment inaccessible try to open one of the today's posts and click to see posts of someone else. There is possible to see, for example mine last posts on Male Survivors part of the forum (that part is inaccessible for example), you should click on that and open it and from there you could on the top right side open forum home or other topics of the, in this example, Male Survivors section of forum. This helped me few times to reach what I wanted despite of the error.
I hope that this could help you, regards,
Ivo

#129151 - 09/20/04 01:34 PM Re: Forum Error in the Members forum
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I think it most probably is the server, capacity reached on the storage allowed, we will find out when they switch servers.

Seems like we all have the same intermittent problem, but you can still go in, indirectly.

ste

#129152 - 09/20/04 03:21 PM Re: Forum Error in the Members forum
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Probably not much anyone can currently do about it, but it would be very nice if someone who knows what is going on regarding this would at least address it. It does get frustrating at times because it happens frequently. Oh well, just my 1 penny's worth.

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#129153 - 09/20/04 06:22 PM Re: Forum Error in the Members forum
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Don
I seem to remember we outgrew our server once before and changed, maybe the same has happened again?
Anyway, a change is likely to happen again very soon.

Dave

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.