Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (BraveFalcon), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64196 Topics
447992 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129143 - 09/18/04 06:57 PM Back to hospital - again
Kenn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I go in for "day surgery" on Friday, some pre-op stuff this coming Tuesday.

I'm having my gall bladder out - supposed to be a simple procedure nowadays, done with a small incision and a scope, unless there's a problem once they've taken a peek.

It's not the surgery that's bugging me so much. It's just the idea of needing to be in a hospital again. So much has gone down in hospitals for me - not S.A. related but a lot of trauma.

There was the five weeks I spent, in two hospitals, in the summer of '03 after getting hit by a cab and breaking my hip and wrist. This happened during a health scare in Toronto you may remember hearing about (SARS) and I was cut off from visitors nearly the whole time, except by phone and mail. That and the nightmares recreating the accident...

There was the time ten+ years ago when my Mom almost died from flesh-eating disease. None of us were ready to lose her and, thankfully, she came out of it alive after several months in hospital.

Then there's all the friends I have lost to AIDS, many of whom died in hospitals - although none that I can remember at the one I'll be in.

I don't know. It's just a triggering time for me so I am glad I have a safe place to write about it.

Thanks,
Kenn

William Shakespeare, Hamlet

#129145 - 09/20/04 06:35 PM Re: Back to hospital - again
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Kenn,

My wishes and prayers for you.

I've recently had two of these "day surgeries" and a short hospital stay in the last 3 weeks. they can be quite unnerving.

Follow the doctor's directions and take care of yourself.

Bill

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.