Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (Bluedogone, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129131 - 09/14/04 01:27 AM Male Survivor Newsletter - no longer in plain, brown wrapper?
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I got my envelope with the MS newsletter in it the other day, but am wondering about the packaging. As I understood it when I asked about it a couple of months ago, the newsletter is supposed to be mailed out in an envelope that makes the contents undistinquishable. However, in the upper left corner was a return address of "Male Survivor". Granted, most people probably don't know what that means, but I'm sure some could guess. Luckily, I was the first to the mailbox that day and got it instead of my 14 and 9 year old daughters so I didn't have to explain what Daddy got in the mail. Was this a fluke, or will future mailings come similarly packaged? Not mad, just want to know what to expect.

Thanks,

#129132 - 09/14/04 05:21 PM Re: Male Survivor Newsletter - no longer in plain, brown wrapper?
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Eddie,

Now I am worried...

I just payed my menbership last night - was told by a couple of people here that any mailings would be totaly undistinguishable

I have friends in the post office who have in the past questioned mail that I have recieved (gossip travels like wildfire in this small community) - I hate to even think of what kind of rumors are going to be started about me when they read the words 'Male Survivor' in the return address - guess I'll just have to deal with it when the rummors start...

I am glad that you got the mail in first that day - kids sure can be full of questions sometimes...

Glad that you posted this so as at least I have a heads up of what to expect...

I don't want to hide - I just don't want 100 stupid rumors floating around either...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#129133 - 09/14/04 05:26 PM Re: Male Survivor Newsletter - no longer in plain, brown wrapper?
Fred Tolson Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
We are aware of this and have corrected it. In the future there will not be any identifying information on our mailings. Our pollicy hasn't changed.

Fred

#129134 - 09/14/04 05:46 PM Re: Male Survivor Newsletter - no longer in plain, brown wrapper?
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Thank You Fred!!!!

I think you've put a lot of peoples minds at ease once again....

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#129135 - 09/14/04 10:34 PM Re: Male Survivor Newsletter - no longer in plain, brown wrapper?
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Thanks, Fred. Glad to see that it's already been addressed. Thanks for all that you and the others do here at MS. It is greatly appreciated.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.