Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63191 Topics
441852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129123 - 09/10/04 04:58 AM What would you tell a rape victim?
parttimecop Offline

Ok as men who have been violated we have insights that can be helpful to others suffering. We have knowledge of the pain and darkness involved in being sexually violated. So given that we are subject matter experts on sexual violation, what would you tell a female rape victim?

#129124 - 09/10/04 10:34 AM Re: What would you tell a rape victim?
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Maybe a couple of things.

It was not your fault ever. It is the worst thing that has happened to you. I feel your pain and I too have suffered rape. I am here to talk with you and support you any way I can.

What you should not do is say. I understand how you feel . Nobody can understand anothers feelings.

My 2 cents

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#129125 - 09/10/04 11:00 PM Re: What would you tell a rape victim?
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
First and foremost, I would tell her I believe her. THat is paramount. The next thing I would tell he is that in NO way is it her fault.

#129126 - 09/12/04 02:57 AM Re: What would you tell a rape victim?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I agree with what has already been said. Yes, you are believed. No, it is not your fault. You did nothing to bring it on. It is not a matter of how you dressed, if you drank, if you walked after dark. Nothing bring it on. Nothing is their fault.
Also, that however they are feeling is okay. That there are many emotions connected with such a situation, some that they are maybe not familiar with, and to try to not put blame or bad feelings on themselves. Also, whatever they decide to do about it, whether to get law involved or not, it is THE right choice for them. No one should ever be intimidated into pressing charges if they are not ready or able to.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#129127 - 09/13/04 03:11 PM Re: What would you tell a rape victim?
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Probably what everyone else said.

I believe you.
It's not your fault.
You have the right to say "no."
I'm sorry this happened.
I'm sorry (s)he/they hurt you so badly.
I'm here for you.
If you want to talk, I'll listen.
If you want to cry, I'll hold you.
If you want me to be here, I'm here.
I'll go with you to the hospital, if you want me to.
You must've been scared.
You must be very sad.
Please let me help you.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#129128 - 09/13/04 05:09 PM Re: What would you tell a rape victim?
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
I wouldn't be able to say anything; it would be too much for me.
I would just cry with her...

Ivo

#129129 - 09/13/04 11:27 PM Re: What would you tell a rape victim?
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

ivo,
in a very real way, your response is the most eloquent in its truth of something beyond many. this is not to denigrate previous responses, by any means. it is just an awareness that there is nothing that can be said after such a violation, but the sharing of the journey is what matters most. those here know me and understand. nothing can be said, just shared.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#129130 - 09/17/04 01:31 AM Re: What would you tell a rape victim?
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Personally, I would ask if she knew who the person who committed the rape was and kill the mydself. If she didn't, then I would assis her in contacting the cops. I would always want them dead, they deserve it. I would stand by them during the trial, and be there for them all the way.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.