Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#129099 - 09/11/04 08:09 AM Music??
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Ok, so I am procrastinating, yet again! Or I was, but put it off a while! I am researching music to use for two programs for this year, for the odd occasion I actually get to skate in a show or two (actually, two in the next three weeks. Where does the time go?) I have been listening to more American/English language music, and trying to get away from classical. So I'm kind of looking at maybe Frank Sinatra. Or Josh Groban. Or Don Henley. Or Louie Armstrong. Or maybe even some disco! lol. Oh yeah, or maybe Kid Rock! (ok, so maybe that wouldn't be family friendly!)

So I'm asking about what other kinds of music/singers/songs people like, that have good rhythms. As you can see, my tastes are rather varied!

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#129100 - 09/11/04 08:35 AM Re: Music??
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Also, why can't someone who looks like Beyonce Knowles have the voice of Sarah Vaughn???? Totally unfair! ;\)

leosha

(listening to Stevie Wonder right now, great, this is another good one!)

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#129101 - 09/11/04 10:36 AM Re: Music??
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Leosha,

I use a lot of different music (and most of it is independent artists) when I do massage. Some of these have some very good "rythms and tempos" to me but they may not be the right thing you are looking for.

Yanni is my all time favorite of course
Steven Cravis (an independent artist - piano).
George Winston
And of course my very own music that I created.

Dont' know if any of this helps or not. Oh and if you go to download.com there is a ton of music that is free to download up there. Some of it is great and some is well uh music. (I've got my stuff up there as well).

Oh by the way, I just got my music on itunes so I'm starting to get up with the big boys now.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#129102 - 09/11/04 10:37 AM Re: Music??
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
Hello Leosha,
I do not have any clue would rhythm from this song be good enough for your choreography but this is mine suggestion:
Alicia Keys, her first album: Songs in A minor,
song: The life.

Her voice is perfect, she is gorgeous and the song is incredible.
And after all the skating is your life isn't it?
Ivo

#129103 - 09/12/04 07:19 AM Re: Music??
jwwells Offline

Loc: Ontario
Quote:
Originally posted by Leosha:
snip
So I'm asking about what other kinds of music/singers/songs people like, that have good rhythms. As you can see, my tastes are rather varied!

leosha [/QB]
How about the more Ochestral albums of the Moody Blues? Albumns such as Seventh Sojourn, Other Side of Life and Keys to the Kingdom are good examples.

jw

#129104 - 09/15/04 03:43 AM Re: Music??
Shawn_L35 Offline

Leosha,

Funny, this must have been the day you and Andrei were celebrating!!! lol. He sent me some music -- one of stevie wonder you were thinking of skating to and another. I agree Josh Groban is great music. I have seen you skate many times now and I have to tell you that whether you skate to softer music or up tempo music -- you are amazing. And as Andrei told me -- what you have been choreographing for your new programs, they are wonderful. (Don't let it go to your head!) lol.

You have so much feeling when you skate, no matter your choice, you will do awesome.

Shawn

#129105 - 09/15/04 03:44 AM Re: Music??
Shawn_L35 Offline

Okay, this may be lame, leosha, but what about anything from Riverdance. Loved the show and the music is great.

Just a thought.....

Shawn

#129106 - 09/15/04 10:29 AM Re: Music??
brokentoys Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Leosha,
I recently got satellite radio and found a station on it that plays "dance" music. It is the new stuff (a little young for me) that is coming out of places like Sweden and stuff. No words with most of it, reminds me of the old what we used to call "Techno". Very strong back beat. Very driving music. I could really see some incredible stuff being done with some of that music.

Arnold Bennet

#129107 - 09/15/04 10:52 AM Re: Music??
Dan88 Offline

Loc: DC
Let's see, I was listening to the Talking Heads last night. They've got some songs that are very rhythmic. And of course, one of my favorite bands Fleetwood Mac has a great rhythm section. I don't know if they would work for you. They're good to listen to, though. \:\)

#129108 - 09/15/04 05:53 PM Re: Music??
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Leosha,

I think the one for skating is Vangelis "Pulsar"
It is so long since I did inline skating, and I always remember how good it felt to do it. I would love to get back to it, there is so much skill involved, it was like a drug to me, but I had access to a rink.

It is such an expressive way of exercise, and it takes so much energy and skill, Hey, I was pretty good, I really have so many fond memories of doing it, maybe I should find some place to get back to it. I would highly recommend it.

take care

ste

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.