Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
2 registered (Miro, 1 invisible), 8 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444114 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129096 - 09/11/04 07:49 AM This weekend's retreat
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I just hope that those who are at the retreat this weekend find it therapeutic, fun, and healing, and that it gives them some space from their every day life. I hope to hear about it some when people get home! \:\)

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#129097 - 09/16/04 01:14 PM Re: This weekend's retreat
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
We had a great time Leo! I'm writing all about it and will post when I finish. I'm sure others will have things to add that I missed, the whole experience was just so... full.

thanks for caring, I cannot say enough how important these weekends are and the leaps in recovery that are made by most of the participants.

#129098 - 09/17/04 03:14 AM Re: This weekend's retreat
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ditto, to what Curtis said. I'll probably be ditto'ing what he writes about the weekend, as well. Maybe I'll try to be a little original and write some experiences of my own.
Like what he says about how important they are. I cannot emphasize stongly enough how much I wish everyone would experience at least one of these retreats. I believe that these are the very best of what Male Survivor is all about. I cannot begin to explain about the love and support everyone receives while attending the retreat. I was so afraid of going into my first retreat, the Level One, held at Pilgrim Firs, near Port Orchard, Washington. I kept telling everyone that I retained the right to bolt and run at any minute. It wasn't necessary and I was filled to the over flowing with an emotional high that lasted for weeks.
Since that time, as most of you know, I've tried to be on a fast track by attending group and individual therapies.
This last weekend, at the Level Two, in Alta, Utah, I had a couple of breakthroughs and learned some techniques to get me over the rough spots.
You gotta go, whatever it takes, you gotta go. They are worth far more than you actually pay for them. I can't begin to explain to you how supportive and theraputic they are.
Ah, and while you're at it, say a little prayer for the board...they're meeting this weekend in Denver, at Fred Tolson's office, to work out some necessary details to keep this place open and to provide some security for our future.
Take care of one another, I'll see you when I get back.

David

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.