Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
4 registered (Dave PNW, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63579 Topics
444200 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129091 - 09/11/04 03:48 AM who runs this place?
cogito Offline

Loc: CA
Is this board associated with some kind of church or religious group?

#129092 - 09/11/04 05:30 AM Re: who runs this place?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Cogito,

I am not a person of 'power' here at all, I am only answering your question the best I can! So forgive me if I maybe do not get the response just right.

Male survivor is not part of a church or religious organization. It is an organization created by several people because of the lack of support and resources available for MALE survivors of sexual assault and abuse. One of it's founders, Fred Tolson, is now president of the organization. There is a board of directors, people of varying degrees and backgrounds, who work on fund raising and use, work towards the conferences and retreats, and such things as that. You can learn more of the organization and the board under the 'about us' section at the top of the page.

There are various forums, most are public forums, some are designated 'member forums' for people who have paid a membership for joining male survivor. You can find out about that by clicking on the 'join male survivor' section on the page. To join, the cost varies, based on your income. Membership allows you use of the member forums, for more privacy, as well as giving discounts on retreats, and some other bonuses which I am forgetting right now! ;\)

There are, of course, members of various backgrounds, including various religions and such. I know that we have here members of various religions, agnostics, athiests, and even members of clergy. All are treated with equal respect. If you are looking for more spiritual connection and commentary, there is a 'Spirituality for survivors' forum.

I hope this has helped some! I am sure someone will correct me if I have gotten any of the information wrong!

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#129093 - 09/11/04 01:24 PM Re: who runs this place?
cogito Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Leosha:
forgive me if I maybe do not get the response just right.
I cannot forgive you if you do not get it exactly right , Leosha. Either you are PERFECT or you are NOTHING. ;\)

But seriously, thanks for the reply. As long as different points of view are welcome, then I feel OK. I may become a member in the future, have to see how it goes.
\:\)

#129094 - 09/11/04 08:09 PM Re: who runs this place?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Cogito
MS is just an organization dedicated to helping Survivors, there is no other 'agenda' here.

We have a Religion Forum, and many guys here are openly religious. But it's not compulsory ;\)

I'm sure one or more of the Directors will explain in more detail.

We're here for Survivore first and foremost.

Dave

#129095 - 09/14/04 12:46 AM Re: who runs this place?
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Here's a little history of MaleSurvivor:NOMSV History

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.