Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1946, Obi, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63361 Topics
443058 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#129071 - 09/08/04 11:51 PM Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Ok, taking bids, on Hurricane Ivan. No we really don't want your money, we just want someone to take this nice little storm (lying through my teeth now, but hey gotta do it to sell it...grin). The storm needs a home, but we really don't want it down here in FL so anyone willing to give it a home, you can have it.

Just kidding of course.. trying to find some humor in all of this but frankly, I'm tired of these hurricanes!

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#129072 - 09/09/04 08:15 AM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Somebody shoo that thing away, please.

Our brothers and friends in Florida don't need another visitor.

Bill

Also, it's heading right at Jamaica where my sister lives in a tree house. \:\( It really made a mess out of Gernada. \:\(

#129073 - 09/09/04 09:37 AM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Just Great!
Leaving for Ft. Lauderdale today til Mon. Right in time for Ivan. Maybe it will go to Mexico (or better yet, just fizzle in the Carib.)
K \:\(

#129074 - 09/09/04 10:30 AM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
Dan88 Offline

Loc: DC
Sheesh, Don, did you even get time to take down the storm shutters?

Every year it seems the forecasters say we're in for a big hurricane season, but this year I think they got it right.

#129075 - 09/09/04 10:52 AM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
I am going to Chicago - sorry Ivan, we will have to lunch some other time -

kissses-
M

- jeez

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#129076 - 09/09/04 02:24 PM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Tell you what Don. Ill trade you one hurricane for one really bitterly cold winter. Fair deal??? EH?????

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#129077 - 09/09/04 02:31 PM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Is the Walt Disney Company the devil or what?

Seems every time God has a mad-on for the East Coast, he slams Florida.

You guys better start behaving! \:D

Seriously, I'm praying for a little divine intervention for you.

Thinking of all my friends, relatives, brothers and sisters in Florida.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#129078 - 09/09/04 02:33 PM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
P.S. Mike,

I know someone in Alaska and met someone from Finland, wondering why we complain about our winters, yours and mine.

Wanna trade winters with THESE places?

\:D

Ah, well, at least it's not 150 degree Fahrenheit, 99 percent humidity Thailand.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#129079 - 09/09/04 05:01 PM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
LOL.... I moved here to get away from the cold winters and see what I got...ugh!

Don't know what this storm is going to do but it is up to 160 mph winds. That's something I have never seen before.

Ken, it is supposed to hit Sun/Mon here so you might end up in a shelter if you are down in this area during that time. If you can postpone your trip, it would probably be smart.

The Keys are under evacuation now and I'm sure as this thing gets closer, there will be more areas under evacuation. We are not in one of those areas which is more for barrier islands and the coastal sections. We are about 15 miles from the ocean which doesn't mean too much except you don't get the storm surge this far in. You still get the wind though if it does a direct hit.

Anyway, Jeff and I have everything purchased that we need to but this one may make the last one look like a walk in the park.

Time will tell.

I'm working at the local electric company doing chair massage today, tonight and tomorrow. Those poor people are working 16 hours a day and they haven't had a day off in two weeks. Plus they are getting people calling them that are mean, rude and abusive which makes their life beyond stressful. On top of the chair massage, I've been trying to talk, listen and just joke around with them to help relieve some stress... they need it. I'm on a two hour break but head back for another 5 hours tonight. Don't even ask about my hands/arms..... just have the ice ready!

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#129080 - 09/09/04 08:43 PM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
Doppelganger1 Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
I could sense the fear out there today. The words "category five" are synonymous with the words "Hurricane Andrew" in this part of the state. Our house was damaged in Andrew, but not destroyed... simply because the strongest eyewall winds missed us by a mere eleven miles. Eleven miles determined the difference between damage and devastation. Wow, talk about having no control over one's fate.

Shelves here are getting real bare. Batteries have yet to be replenished; bottled water is going to other parts of the state. People are cutting their trees in a panic and just leaving the branches on the side of the road, to become potential projectiles. The ground is already saturated from more than six inches of rain in the past week. Oh, did I mention the part about not having control over one's fate? Yeah, that too!

Jeff

Darryl Kile

#129081 - 09/11/04 06:57 AM Re: Hurricane for sale! Cheap!
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Don, um, being from St. Petersburg, I think the cold winters is a better bargain then what you are getting! I will be crossing fingers for you again. Don't get any more hurricanes, or I'll get arthritis in my knuckles!

Doppleganger, your signature quote...rather ironic words, weren't they? \:\(

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.