Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
1 registered (CafeMan), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441781 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129056 - 09/06/04 01:02 AM News/Politics
fusionoflove Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Hey, I was just wondering, where do you ppl here get your news from. Mine tend to be the BBC and the Drudge Report.

I'm neither a Republican or a Democrat. Republicans scare me on social issues and Democrats scare me on dollars and cents when it comes to running the government. Where's my party? LOL. I guess I lean more toward Libertarian, but their stance on enviromental issues is a little off. Have any of you seen a Libertarian debate. It's hilarious, the answer to every question is, get government out of "insert topic here" now. Kind of funny to see people talk about smaller government when they're running for office. I guess that's irony on a base level, but it's irony. LOL. Anyway, I know this is in the off topic section. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone. Give your thoughts on good places for news I'd appreciate it.

Take it easy,

Chris

#129057 - 09/06/04 02:38 AM Re: News/Politics
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

More irony, Bush has grown the government more during his four years than the last several presidents.
You gotta spend money to make money and since the debt was paid down and Bush has gone way into the red, it kinda looks like the Demos are more fiscally conservative than the so-called, conservatives.
Geez, we don't have to talk about social issues, do we. I mean some of those guys won't catch up for several hundred years.
I wonder what party I prefer?

Sorry for the rant, but you pushed the "right" button.

David

P. S. Most of the news that I get comes from NPR and broadcast news shows.

#129058 - 09/06/04 07:27 AM Re: News/Politics
Aden Offline

Ivan,

This will probably offend you. I am sorry for that.

Switch the radio channel sometimes. NPR is one of my favorites. But it is a propaganda tool. There is no way for me to prove that to you unless you listen to another point of view. I don't want ot tell you what to think. This is just my opinion.

Rush Limbaugh became enpowered by the philosophical manipulations of NPR. Someone had to balance the spin.

We hear what we want to hear. Unless we want to hear the truth. You don't get that from NPR, or Rush. Or maybe you do...I listen to it all. Because I have the time. Your favorite news source depends on the fact that you don't have time to study opposing points of view.

Aden

#129059 - 09/06/04 01:39 PM Re: News/Politics
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Personally, I don't take much notice of the news, as I see it as a conditioning process, even the BBC is biased, basically, any news, is what Governments would have you believe, and so this type of news is not really any use to me.

I prefer to find news, within news papers, who are a little less biased, like the guardian on line, and other sources out there on the net, only that way, can I get a true picture of what is really happening.

Quite simply, the politics of World Governments, really scare me, and I think this World is a very unsafe place, I wish it wasn't so, and Governments should be held accountable, by the people who put them in.

They should be working for the people, and not against them, which sadly almost never happens today.

ste

#129060 - 09/06/04 09:01 PM Re: News/Politics
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Chris,
When I have the time, I follow many different news sites. From the basics like CNN, MSN, and FOx to various local media sites and other sites throughout the US. At one time in my life (my misguided life), I listened to Rush. Then I moved to a place that didn't have him and that was the best thing for me. Sometimes I listen to Oreilly on Fox but sometimes he is just too much for me. I also watch 365gay.com for news concerning the gay culture.

Actually I wish I could just find places that reported the facts and not so much their opinions. I think this country and the world are worse off for all the people out there proclaiming their opinion as gospel truth. It is a sad day in society to me. I would just rather see us get the facts. Everything is so biased and so one sided depending upon what site you go to.

But most of all, I would like to have a "little good news" in the day as well. Tired of all the negativity and traumatic news that we get.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#129061 - 09/06/04 09:11 PM Re: News/Politics
fusionoflove Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Posted by Don-But most of all, I would like to have a "little good news" in the day as well. Tired of all the negativity and traumatic news that we get.

Hey man, I feel you on that. I'd have to say that watching the news when you're already depressed can be one of the worst things in this world. You get that, what's the point of living, the world is crap, point of view. At least that's how it made me feel.

Also, I agree with a few of the posts. I like to hear it all. I don't care about the point of view. The more povs the better the news.

Thanks everyone,

Fusion

#129062 - 09/11/04 05:53 AM Re: News/Politics
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
It depends on which kind of news I am searching for! I usually will view pravda.ru or izvestia here online, since most of the time, imagine, the U.S. channels do not carry Russian news! (except for the filtered versions of recent events). I like to read news in the newspaper, more then hear it on television, although I know that newspapers are of course biased also. As I do not vote here in this country, I guess it does not bother me so much. When I am traveling, I will still normally get a local newspaper where I am. For television news, it varies. I do not think any one station is more unbiased and forthcoming then most of the others. Although it is the same at home. All of the news reported to the Russian people, I know it also is colored and unbalanced. It is not just American thing.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.