Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (kcinohio, tbkkfile), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63802 Topics
445526 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129051 - 09/05/04 07:11 PM God I ask you why? Triggers
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I was at home watching the school siege in Breslan, I did not want to watch, but I had to be there, if only in spirit, I was watching this whole thing in front of my very own eyes, praying, it would somehow end peacefully, I saw the first bomb go off and asked God to please intervene, I watched as this Evil mess unfolded in front of my eyes.

I knew, that after the first explosion, it was going to turn into something, none of us ever need to imagine, it hurt me, and numbed me, it still does, I can imagine some of the pain, why? Are innocents caught up by evil, every minute, of every day, of every year, throughout eternity?

Shot at, traumatized for life, the smallest one's not even being able to run, through fear that stuns them like an animal stunned in the headlights of a car, frozen in fear, fear that it is all just a horrible nightmare, where they will awaken and find everything is OK.

So many beautiful lives taken, is it not the truth though, that the innocent are really the most vulnerable and easy target, they are the target of bullies, rapists, thieves, and now used by terrorists as pawns in some ghastly chess game.

I can really feel for these people caught up in this, I saw a woman who was freed and her daughter said to her, go mom, we will be alright, she never saw her daughter again, imagine the hurt she will go through, thinking "if only", it shit scares me to think, what a mother must go through in a situation like that.

What about the men in the village, who feel so worthless, not being able to have been in the right place to rescue their own kids, or any kid they could? Feeling helpless, yes, we have all been through this emotion, many times.

What about the traumatize children and adults?
When I was a kid, it was bad enough losing a friend through accidents, to be in this turmoil, is not even thinkable, we should think of these people for a long time to come.

Imagine a community, where all these kids where playing, they were safe, they played, and everyone got so much enjoyment of seeing that, imagine the community, now devoid of a lot of childhood play, instead replaced with children, and adults frozen with fear.

If these kids go back to school, after the nightmares end, they will still be very unstable kids, they will never feel safe, always looking out, and looking for the best way to get out, if it ever happens again, and so much more vigilant than they ever were before.

So many friends will be lost by these kids, so many parents will have problems, blaming themselves of things, and they could never have any power over,

We see here, a community fractured and broken, by life events that should never affect kids, or those who care for them, it is a terrible tragedy, of unspeakable proportion.

I just hope, all the people involved, can get the help in dealing with the trauma, but sadly they probably won't.

If you've got this far, please pray for those involved, they don't know you, but you're presence is needed, even if it is only spiritual, you can identify with the issue here, even though you have been traumatized in the past surely you can give others the power of prayer, believe me, it does work, it is the only thing left for them.

And if you've got this far...

I just had to bring it up, as we tend to forget, in this World, all the atrocities meted out by "mankind".

Just my view on society, sadly as it is today, where childrens' lives are so viciously taken away, all over the World, and we know.

We are the consequence

Lest we ever forget

ste

#129053 - 09/07/04 11:46 AM Re: God I ask you why? Triggers
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
There is absolutely no justification to what happened to innocent people. I dont give a damn where it happens. This is just another example of Man's brutality to Man. Think of all the lives lost through fanaticism, religious or otherwise. Our closest relatives on this Planet are Chimps and this fact must reallly piss them off.

I am not trying to make light of it. It is horrible, it was horrible, and it will continue to haunt for a long time. How do you fight fanatacism without being barbaric yourself. I honestly do not know that answer to that.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#129054 - 09/07/04 11:47 PM Re: God I ask you why? Triggers
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I know I've been sort of quiet lately - and that's usualy not a good sign... - But I just had to respond to this post cause just this very evening I was caught like a deer in the headlights watching in horror an in depth news show about the school takeover - to watch the video that was taken from inside the building was more than shocking, more than inhumane, more than even barbaric... - to hear of two brothers talk of what happened inside the building - to know and understand exactly how frightened and helpless they felt... - there just simply are no words to define this horrific disaster....

There is something inside of me that just sort of snaps when I see another child hurting (anger flows over me like lava from a volcano - but it's more like an internal eruption cause i rarely lash out at others) - perhaps it is just because I so well understand pain haveing grown up through constant daily physical abuse in my own family...

As I see it... - those people that took over that school are nothing short of the devils hand at work - evil is all around us - everywhere - everyday - maybe it's just me, but it seems that this world is becomeing a far more evil place to live every day

I will pray for all of those who made it out alive, all of those who did'nt, all of the parents - friends - families, all of the people who did try to go in and save lives - I will pray for all of them - all of their lives are forever changed - none of them deserved what happened...(just as we did not deserve what happened to us so long ago)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#129055 - 09/11/04 06:42 AM Re: God I ask you why? Triggers
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
And on this, the 'anniversary' of the terrorists cowardly attacks on the United States, I have to also ask why. I have never served in military, but I am aware of Geneva convention. In an actual war, childrens and innocents are NOT targets. They are sometime victims as well, the 'collateral damage' that journalists speak so clinically about. But they are not targeted. The evil of the people who can do such things, how is it allowed to exist and flourish in this world? I like to think that there are opposites in extremes. That for every filthy creature such as these, there is an equally good and saintly person somewhere doing equal good to the horror of the terrorists. I have to tell myself that is the case, to make it a little easier to sleep in this world. I will say that such terrorist activities, on smaller scale, happen at least weekly, sometime daily, in my country. Only part of the time, the 'terrorist' is just another word for 'government'.

Be greatful, Americans, Canadians, Englishmen, Swedes, and other nationalities of peace and freedom. It still has quite a lot of growing to do for my people.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.