Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
7 registered (aniceguy, focusedbody, 4 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64157 Topics
447674 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#129037 - 09/05/04 02:19 AM Torn to shreds (May trigger)
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
I started my second semester of college last week. I am doing well, and I enjoy my classes. I am even meeting new people and laying the framework for friendships.

But, I can't help but think, WHY???? Why even bother? Nothing I do turns out right, I can't even find a girlfriend. My life is shit. I feel useless. This has just been eating away at me. It is like I am slidding down an icy ledge, inches from slipping off and falling into the dark abyss.

I hate feeling this way. I know numerous rational arguments to my doubts, but they do not seem to make one iota of difference. WHy does this fucked up thoughts keep reoccuring? I fucking hate the doubtful voice I have named Drill Instructor!!!!!!!!!!
Casey

#129038 - 09/05/04 08:57 AM Re: Torn to shreds (May trigger)
CFO Dave Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Millis MA
Casey,

Quote:
My life is shit. I feel useless
We've all felt this. You're dealing with a lot right now. Second semister in college, building new relationships, not to mention your healing.

Try to relax and enjoy the learning experience. Not just the classroom learning but the learning to relate to your new friends.

As for the girlfriend.. I know it sounds cliche but when you least expect it, it will happen.

Take care and enjoy,

Dave

"The soul that is within me no man can degrade."
-Frederick Douglas

#129039 - 09/05/04 09:00 AM Re: Torn to shreds (May trigger)
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Casey,

sorry to see you this way, you say you are doing well at college, great, don't let this shit take it away, I know how hard it can be, but you must do it, for your future.

I never made it to college, really wanted to, but I thought, just like you, what's the point? And now I am in poor employment, digging through life, with no real future, you have to make it, to get a decent start in employment.

You know, I can't count the number of times I kicked my own butt, for not getting there, it really hurts sometimes, to know what I can do, but not be qualified to do it.

You can do it, trust me, and you will get another girlfriend, but only if you can to be a bit kinder to yourself, I know how f**king hard it can be, but we are here, anytime you're in need.

Take care and look after yourself

ste

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.