Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
5 registered (tbkkfile, 4 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63239 Topics
442217 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#128994 - 09/04/04 11:50 PM Re: Marc and Al
Kenn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Prayers for both March and Al. Marc, it was a privilege to chat with you tonight in the midst of your turmoil.

Kenn

William Shakespeare, Hamlet

#128995 - 09/08/04 12:05 PM Re: Marc and Al
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Here is the latest on Al through Jim.

alan is still hanging in there, but there's not much progress from day to day. he broke his wrist over 3 weeks ago and he's been so sick for so long, it's barely begun to heal. his blood pressure is ok and they want to put a feeding tube in as soon as he picks up a little but are worried that he would just drown in it if they put it in now. maybe a few more days will
see some improvement.

That poor little guy needs to get better so badly and Marc is probably exhausted. Sometimes I wonder if there is a God.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#128996 - 09/08/04 10:49 PM Re: Marc and Al
Yves Offline

Loc: Canada
Does anybody care about this kid? If he died, everyone would be oh so sad, they were oh so close to him, oh they can't believe he's gone, what a poor hurting soul, blah blah fucking blah.

Why don't you all start celebrating his LIFE rather than waiting for him to kick the fucking bucket!

Send him a note, a joke, a thought, anything to cheer him up, for God's sake, it's even free!

Some fucking "brotherhood".

#128997 - 09/08/04 11:33 PM Re: Marc and Al
Yves Offline

Loc: Canada
Come on guys, send them something, anything. How would you feel if you were laying in intensive care thinking about your online friends, realizing they couldn't even bother to say hello? Jim's been sending everyone's notes to Marc via email so he can read them to Al to cheer him up. What's he going to say? Sorry, but nobody cares? Come on already.....

#128998 - 09/09/04 08:18 AM Re: Marc and Al
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
(((((((((( Al ))))))))))

Hang in there little buddy. I'm pulling for you and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((((((( Marc ))))))))))

#128999 - 09/09/04 08:59 AM Re: Marc and Al
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
Ok, I am little bit confused.
The main reason fort this is that I do not have too much chances to chat with anybody so I have very limited possibilities to catch who is who and what is going on.
I am afraid that I do not know nor Little Al nor Marc, but that is not important at all.
It is important that I wish them both fast recovery. I'll pray for them every day.
Marc and Al, there are new guys here that want to read your posts and become your friends.
I wish you the best.

Ivo

#129000 - 09/10/04 02:10 AM Re: Marc and Al
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well said, Ivo. Some of don't know Al and Marc very well or not at all, but they are brothers and that's all that matters.

Al, we're all praying for you, buddy. If you want any rest you're going to have to get better and go home. Hospitals are not for resting, only for getting better. Just know that all of us are pulling for you and waiting for that post where you let us all know that you've whipped this thing. Say Hi to Marc for us, too.

Brother David

#129001 - 09/10/04 10:40 AM Re: Marc and Al
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I received this from Jim today who got it from Marc last nite.

Alan had a second surgery yesterday, to fix a slow internal bleed. I pray that is the last of the surgery. I just don't know how much more he can take. He is very distant today and I'm not sure if it's from pain, exhaustion or dissociation. I'm not sure which the worst is. As Alan says when he's trying to look positive about tomorrow, maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

For those of you that do not know Al. He is 22 5'4" and if he weighs 100 lbs now I would be surprised. He has had a hellish life. You can find his story if you want to read it.

Little Al I am still praying for you and have run up a huge bill with the guy upstairs on your behalf but the payments to him are not onerous. May this be the last surgery and I pray that recovery will be swift and great for you

Marc I cannot believe the rock that you are. It is people like you beieve me that keep us on this planet and who help us heal. We know it takes a toll and can only offer our love for being there. Your reward will be to see Al as a happy and whole personl. Nicole, my wife, is to me what you are to Al.

#129002 - 09/11/04 07:08 AM Re: Marc and Al
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Hello again, Al and Marc. I'm hoping that really soon, one of YOU can be here, posting an update that Al is home and reletively healthy! I don't know either of you very well, but I don't need to. I know that you are both kind and gentle souls---AND survivors! You will get through this, I have faith of it. Please know that you have safe and healing hugs from me, Andrei and Susanna, and licks from my dog if they're wanted! \:\)

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#129003 - 09/15/04 12:31 PM Re: Marc and Al
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Again here is the latest from Marc through Jim

Quote:

Hes read over everything you've sent at least 10 times including the jokes from Yves. Hes been a little better every day, he's almost sitting up now, and he ate a half Popsicle twice today. Onward and upward
Now that is what I call progress.

Al You get your butt back home and healthy ok. And put on some weight. Say hello the Whiskey for me. All of us at MS are rooting in your corner. Marc reminds me so much of my wife and all that she has done for me. We are indeed lucky to have partners who care.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.