Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441712 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#128959 - 09/02/04 01:53 PM Skipped out on work
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
The last few days at work have been rough on me physicaly - the muscular dystrophy has been kicking up a lot lately (causes muscle weakness and aches and pains that are driveing me crazy) - this morning I woke up and layed there for 30 minutes before finally decideing that I just could'nt do it today - I just could'nt subject myself to the pain that I normaly do by working my physical factory job - I normaly just 'suck it up' and let the pain flow - I try to ignore the pain - try to tell myself that it does'nt hurt - try to tell myself that there is nothing wrong with me - tell myself that I can handle it - that it's not that bad - I just could'nt do it today... - too weak today...

Just want to let everyone know... - I don't make it a habit of skipping out of work (and this will be an excused day cause I have personal time comming to me - so it's not like I'll be in any kind of trouble) - this is the first time I've done it this year

And I'm sure that there will be poeple who will say "Get a diffrent job" - trust me, I've been trying! - for about 3 years already... - is not much around where I live that has compareable pay and benifits for a non-skilled laborer - and I've been told by many employers that with the rare form of muscular dystrophy that I have I'd be basicaly un-hireable by anyone, so I'd better not quit the job I've got till they fire me

Hope I feel better tommorow...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#128960 - 09/02/04 02:05 PM Re: Skipped out on work
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
TJ Jeff: Take some time and rest. I cannot imagine the pain you are in but it must be brutal.

Watch some TV or read a good book just for you .

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#128961 - 09/02/04 02:13 PM Re: Skipped out on work
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
TJ Jeff,

I hope you feel better soon, too. It'd be nice if you could get some personal time out of taking the personal day.

Thanks,

Joe

#128962 - 09/02/04 11:43 PM Re: Skipped out on work
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Thanks Mike and Joe,

I guess I'm jus tfeeling guilty about not working today

I know I should'nt be cause it's a legitimate physical problem I'm fighting with - just that I fight with it every day, so what makes today any more worse than any other???

I really did'nt do much of anything today - lots of sleep... - sometimes seems as if I could sleep 20 hours a day and still be tired...

Got to work tomorrow - need to pick up my paycheck to pay bills...

Hope all are well,

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#128963 - 09/03/04 02:52 AM Re: Skipped out on work
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
((((((((TJ))))))))) my friend.

I am not sure if it option. But is there a service that can help you try to find less physically strenuous job? Or do you have to be considered 'disabled' for that? If you could find something else NOW, before you reach that point, perhaps it would be better, to get into the job, where they already have you and know your character and the quality of the work. I wish you well, I wish there were something that could be done.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#128964 - 09/03/04 04:04 PM Re: Skipped out on work
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
TJ jeff,
how are you feeling today my dear brother?

Ivo

#128965 - 09/03/04 04:12 PM Re: Skipped out on work
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
TJ,

sorry about your predicament, I know it is not easy finding work, I was stuck in a job, I hated, working long hours, too much to handle, I was like the walking dead, my weekends were just for sleeping. Took me 12 years to finally get out, suppose I had to before I cracked up.

Hope you are someway better, and you find another job comes your way

take care

ste

#128966 - 09/03/04 08:31 PM Re: Skipped out on work
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

I made it through the day at work today - although I did get a fair amount of ridicule from my co-workers - seems that they thought that there was nothing wrong with me...

I wish that there was help in finding me an easier job with comparable pay and benifits - untill I become labeled 'disabled' by my doc's that is'nt likeley to happen though...

TJ's History

#128967 - 09/03/04 10:27 PM Re: Skipped out on work
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
TJ Jeff,

Take a look at the "What Color is Your Parachute?" books. Sometimes you can find a way to create the job you really should have anyway, but first you need to know something about what job that is.

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.