Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
4 registered (Mr. Malaise, rgrant, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63360 Topics
443056 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#128949 - 09/04/04 02:42 PM Re: Hurricanes!
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
I heard good news on CNN that they downgreded hurricane from level 3 to level 2!
According to reporter wind is fast about 160 kph.

Ivo

#128950 - 09/04/04 07:31 PM Re: Hurricanes!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
The lights have flickered a couple of times but so far, we have power! It is raining a little more now and winds have gusted up to 60 mph. They are averaging about 35 mph now for us. There are no trees down in our neighborhood but if this goes on through tomorrow, than it may look different. The hardest part right now is that this storm is moving so slowly and everyone is going to go nuts staying inside. Some of the people have been in a shelter since Thursday afternoon.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#128951 - 09/05/04 07:09 PM Re: Hurricanes!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Looks like the bulk of the storm is all over for us. We've gotten about 3 inches of rain out of it which is not much and not what they forecasted. There are a few trees down around here but most people in our area didn't lose power. We lucked out on this one. Of course there is another one headed our way which should be close in about a week. Fortunately the hurricane weakened or it would have been much worse for FL than it was. There is a lot of damage north of us, but not as bad as it would have been if the hurricane stayed at 140 mph winds.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#128952 - 09/05/04 07:21 PM Re: Hurricanes!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Hey Don,

nice to see you made it through the storms, no power downs etc.,

I love storms, maybe it was what I grew up feeling so safe in?

Nice to see you here, takes more than a hurricane to beat you, Hey, just a pun

Nice to see ya

ste

#128953 - 09/07/04 11:57 AM Re: Hurricanes!
Dan88 Offline

Loc: DC
Hey Don,

I was wondering over the weekend how you were making out. Glad to see you didn't get washed away like some of your neighbors down there, though I imagine there's still plenty of picking up and adjusting to do. Now if Ivan will just agree to steer clear.

Take care.

#128954 - 09/11/04 06:12 AM Re: Hurricanes!
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Don, Jake, Rich, and all others in Florida and the southeastern U.S., please know that we are all still thinking of you and wishing you safety during this weather. I hope it ends soon for you.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.