Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, CafeMan, 1 invisible), 63 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438363 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#128924 - 09/17/04 01:43 AM Re: What is Forgiveness?
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I used to have a quote that read,"Forgiveness is for the weak, for those who lack the strength of hate". I still feel that way, but only about certain people. My wife, my kids, I have learned that it isn't the way it should be. I honestly don't know how I would react in your situation. I am still pretty "sick". I haven't seen a good shrink yet. I would probably snap and hurt someone. But in your case, I think I "might" forgive. I stress might because how I feel now, I wouldn't, but I know I overreact way too often. I would recommend give it time, then in time forgive, but no matter what, never, ever forget.

#128925 - 09/17/04 11:04 AM Re: What is Forgiveness?
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Forgiveness to me is an action I can take, if I so desire, that will be cathartic for me and I really would not give a rats ass a obout the feelings of my perps. On the other hand, when I have made an ass of myself I will freely admit it and move on and AI generally get forgiven. I use that same philosophy here with others and with others in my day to day interaction with others.
I think I am confused now. ;\)

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.