Newest Members
Trina, BreakingSilence, fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44
12704 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (66), Brant (54), Happenstance (46), jimminy (27), keeper (49), MischievousSpirit (40), skooter27 (31), vbalfour (61), whancrar (49)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12704 Members
75 Forums
65326 Topics
456875 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#128924 - 09/17/04 01:43 AM Re: What is Forgiveness?
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I used to have a quote that read,"Forgiveness is for the weak, for those who lack the strength of hate". I still feel that way, but only about certain people. My wife, my kids, I have learned that it isn't the way it should be. I honestly don't know how I would react in your situation. I am still pretty "sick". I haven't seen a good shrink yet. I would probably snap and hurt someone. But in your case, I think I "might" forgive. I stress might because how I feel now, I wouldn't, but I know I overreact way too often. I would recommend give it time, then in time forgive, but no matter what, never, ever forget.

#128925 - 09/17/04 11:04 AM Re: What is Forgiveness?
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Forgiveness to me is an action I can take, if I so desire, that will be cathartic for me and I really would not give a rats ass a obout the feelings of my perps. On the other hand, when I have made an ass of myself I will freely admit it and move on and AI generally get forgiven. I use that same philosophy here with others and with others in my day to day interaction with others.
I think I am confused now. ;\)

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.