Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (WriterKeith, don64, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63221 Topics
442075 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#128904 - 08/30/04 10:42 PM Apology to Members, Guests, Moderators and Board of MaleSurvivor
Yves Offline

Loc: Canada
Iíve been thinking about my reckless and disruptive behavior of late, and have come to the inevitable and obvious conclusion that an apology is in order.

Firstly, I would like to apologize to the members and guests of MaleSurvivor for my insensitivity and lack of compassion towards your feelings and needs. Iím sure Iíve made some feel uncomfortable, uneasy, conflicted, maybe even displaced. For this I am truly sorry.

Secondly, I would like to apologize to the Board members and moderators of MaleSurvivor, who all do such a fine job of keeping us safe and open for business. Iím sorry that Iíve wasted such valuable time and resources on my ramblings and thoughtless, self-serving comments. My behavior has been akin to cutting gaping holes in the sails of a great ship after she rescues passengers from an overworked, foundering tugboat.

The person with whom I have been bickering will not be addressed by myself again.

I would hope that my apology is accepted Ė I give you my word that it is sincere.

~Yves

#128905 - 08/30/04 11:20 PM Re: Apology to Members, Guests, Moderators and Board of MaleSurvivor
Fred Tolson Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Thank you.

#128906 - 08/31/04 12:23 AM Re: Apology to Members, Guests, Moderators and Board of MaleSurvivor
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
After reading Yves' apology and knowing all the things I've said over the past few days, I saw myself as a stupid guilty dog whimpering up to it's master hoping for some semblance of kindness.

So once again I must come to you in public and ask also for your forgiveness. I understand completely the amount of distress I've caused to some individuals and know that I've not been a positive contributor to the site, rather a detriment.

I apologize because I'm not so eloquent with words of apology. Mine is to simply say I'm sorry.

I know where my limits are and I hear your words Fred.

I respectfully request that the board accept my apology for the hurt that I've caused this site and also that they not consider banning me from this site.

I posted as recently as a few hours ago, but will not any more. I know my limits and my place. I accept that and hope you will accept my humble apology.

Jimmer

\:\)

#128907 - 08/31/04 05:43 AM Re: Apology to Members, Guests, Moderators and Board of MaleSurvivor
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I know of two people who were so put off by childish actions here they both have, hopefully only temporarily, stepped away of this place. I hope they will both return. Your apology is very kind Yves, and I do believe in sincere. Same of yours Jim. As a member here, I thank you, not that I am of any importance.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#128908 - 08/31/04 10:12 AM Re: Apology to Members, Guests, Moderators and Board of MaleSurvivor
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Thank you Jim and Yves for acknowledging that you were out of line. While mods are generally pretty thick-skinned when it comes to being criticized or slammed, it does get to us from time to time.

More importantly, Leosha notes:
Quote:
I know of two people who were so put off by childish actions here they both have, hopefully only temporarily, stepped away of this place.
In the years I have been moderating this site, I have seen way too many food fights that have sometimes chased off one or more of the participants, but more importantly, have scared off survivors who come here to heal.

Tantrums, whether aimed at the org, individuals, or nobody in general, have a tendency to traumatize those who are trying to heal from their childhood traumas.

My suggestion to all--- When you feel strongly about something, write it out on notepad, wait a half hour or the next day, if you need to, read it again, and if you want to post it, go ahead. Too many posts are done in a moment of passion without regard to what hurt they may cause others.

Ken

#128909 - 08/31/04 10:45 AM Re: Apology to Members, Guests, Moderators and Board of MaleSurvivor
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
I must apologize too. I should not have let my emotions guide my writing. I just feel so strongly about MaleSurvivor and the good that it does that my judgement was clouded and for that I am truly sorry.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#128910 - 08/31/04 11:10 AM Re: Apology to Members, Guests, Moderators and Board of MaleSurvivor
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Done, and accepted.

When it is all said and done, this is what I mentioned earlier. We may get at each other's throats on occasion, but we are family. Whether we want it or not.

Let's all (myself included) remember that we are the ones who know what others are going through.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#128911 - 08/31/04 08:05 PM Re: Apology to Members, Guests, Moderators and Board of MaleSurvivor
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Gentlemen, thank you all.

It's been a frantic week or so and many people took some stick along the way.
But that's inevitable when we're all a bit, dare I say? "screwed up" from our abuse.

We have every right to feel anger, and it has to have an outlet. The hard part is finding an outlet that doesn't affect those around us.

Lets heal guys !

Dave

#128912 - 09/03/04 03:12 AM Re: Apology to Members, Guests, Moderators and Board of MaleSurvivor
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I have seen one of the two people back here now. Thank you, and others, for moving past differences.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.