Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (woodenshoes, Esposa, pufferfish, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63433 Topics
443433 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#128791 - 08/29/04 07:27 PM for once I am not writting a Poem
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
I need intamacy not sex from guy,

your comments welcome

Michael Joweph

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#128792 - 08/29/04 07:38 PM Re: for once I am not writting a Poem
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I have slightly mixed feelings about this. Although I like intimacy, I do not look at it as a need. I feel that when it is said that way, that it shows insecurity with oneself and helps to formulate bad relationships which are usually dependencies or codependencies.

#128793 - 08/29/04 09:18 PM Re: for once I am not writting a Poem
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
If you define intimacy as "caring, sharing, being open and honest with another person" would you still feel the same way, Mike?

I think that we have all been conditioned to think of "intimacy" as another word for sex. If you expand the definition to the above, does that make things different?

Most people crave intimacy (if you accept the definition above) and often they resort to old>

#128794 - 08/29/04 09:25 PM Re: for once I am not writting a Poem
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Ken, I do those things in all relationships in my life. That is an important part of all kinds of relationships to me, including friendships. To me, it is not a definition of intimacy. Although any physical contact including hugs and other such things are an important part of my personal definition of intimacy, no, I do not define intimacy as sex either.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.