Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (sentry, ShortedDiode, Suwanee), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63227 Topics
442142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#128753 - 08/27/04 08:06 AM Avoiding Thorazine
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Wow, after a week on that medication, I just finally say the hell with it, it is worse then what I am going through and feeling. So I get back to my other medicine. After only two days, feeling better, more like 'normal me'. So much better.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#128754 - 08/27/04 10:00 AM Re: Avoiding Thorazine
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Leosha,

Good for you. It's a good idea to take charge of one's own healing and health. Who else can know when the effects are worthwhile? Just be sure that your doctor(s) know what you're doing.

Thanks,

Joe

#128755 - 08/27/04 11:10 AM Re: Avoiding Thorazine
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
You ever heard the expression, "the cure is worse than the disease?"

I'm no doctor, but I've seen people on thorazine. For some, it can be supremely helpful, but for most others, it's like sandblasting a soupcracker. Total overkill.

If it helps you, Leo, please keep using it. but I don't think it is, so I'm glad you're finding other ways to cope with the pain. Progress indeed. \:\)

If you need me, you can always contact me, my brother.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#128756 - 08/27/04 03:07 PM Re: Avoiding Thorazine
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Leosha,

Glad you're better, buddy. Nothing like having medication that makes it worse...yuck.

David

#128757 - 08/27/04 10:09 PM Re: Avoiding Thorazine
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
I don't blame you for dropping Thorazine, talk to your doctor about a class of drugs called neuroleptics. These drugs can have the same calming effects as Thorazine, without all the harsh side effects.

Xanex is another good option, but it can make you very sleepy.

Anyway talk to your doctor about other options.

Brian.

#128758 - 08/29/04 03:01 AM Re: Avoiding Thorazine
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Thank you for the responses, the support, and Brian, for your information also. I am on two antidepressants right now, and was also on Geodon. They replaced that for short time with the Thorazine, with poor results. So I am back with that one also. Just need to be careful with the 'neuroleptics', as I have had very bad reaction in the past. Must love it, all the pharmacy? Sigh!

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.