Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
4 registered (tbkkfile, traveler, sentry, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63421 Topics
443380 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#128741 - 10/08/06 05:36 AM One life to live
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
I have avoided many things in my life, I was a slacker, expecting the world to fall into my lap, expecting people to take care of me, blaming others for my problems I am 21 years old right now and I feel that I have missed out on valuable years of my life. I am slowly realizing that my life is precious to me.

I am young and have many years ahead of me but my message to anyone who might find this helpful is live your life, live wisely, boldly, no regrets. That might be the challenge for every survivor on this board I beleive, but we are survivors or fighting to get to that point.

From what I see is that we have only one life to live, choose wisely, life is too short.

#128742 - 10/08/06 07:45 AM Re: One life to live
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Thats good advice! I didn't start thinking about that stuff until I was in my late 30's. I'm so glad that it finally came to me! Life is Good!

Recovery is Possible!

Brian

#128743 - 10/08/06 01:21 PM Re: One life to live
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

took me till 54 years old to wake up..now i look back at all of the years wasted..so now i must be strong and go on with my mission.to try and find...peace of mind..congrats to you for realizing this at a early age STEVE

#128744 - 10/08/06 02:08 PM Re: One life to live
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
sportinrucks,

Quote:
From what I see is that we have only one life to live, choose wisely, life is too short.
That's good advice, especially where our recovery issues are concerned. The problems we face are only permanent if we allow them to be so.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#128745 - 10/08/06 06:13 PM Re: One life to live
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Very good advise, Sport.

Age 46 for me. That was one of the huge things I spent time grieving over after the fecal matter hit the fan. I only wish I'd had the epiphany a couple of decades earlier.

Lots of love,

John

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.