Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (Bloom, woodenshoes), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63801 Topics
445517 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#128586 - 08/16/04 09:53 AM what is a 'martyr'?
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Someone tell me that one night, do not be one. And it do not seem like it is good thing to be. I try to look it up, but I am not sure I understand it, because it talk about someone who die for believes, like religion or things. I am not dead, I am not going to die. I am not sure what that person mean?

andrei

#128587 - 08/16/04 02:57 PM Re: what is a 'martyr'?
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
A martyr can be someone who is willing to go to jail for his beliefs. IE Nelson Mandella. Or as you said it can be someone who dies for a cause. It can also be someone who tilts and windmills ie Don Quixote. Taking up a cause that cannot be won and exhausting yourself in the process. We all run that risk I am afraid. Individually we could all be martyrs to the cause that we believe so much in. Together we can be a roar that is heard round the world. I think Andrei the context may have been dont go it alone but with brothers and friends. It is definitely okay to use us to help you get through this difficult time. It is not using anyway. It is nothing that good brothers would not do anyway. There are times when we all need support. So take it. God knows you have helped scores of us here. We are all here for you when times get rough. You got that my future Olympian.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.