Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
8 registered (Obi, Cthulhu, 5 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447617 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#128359 - 07/31/04 04:49 PM What are you worth?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I read so often with dismay so many references to the feeling of worthlessness, none acceptance of love and others feelings.

I know where it comes from, what I will never know is, why do we let it go on for so long?

I have been thru times when I really didn't think anything of myself, but when I look back on life, I know I've done a lot for other people and did community work for nothing. I got a lot of satisfaction out of helping others, but I can still feel a sense of emptiness inside.

This is something I really am trying to get to grips with. I can sometimes appear to be cold and uncaring, but deep down I am a good guy who helps people out.

I work in an office block with about 700 people, mostly women, my floor has about 100 and although I am a popular person to have around, I can sometimes shun affection from others. If I have to go to another floor, I get a lot of smiles off people, some I know, some I sort of know, but I cannot for the life of me know why?

Is it that we don't accept our worth, or are conditioned to think we are less than worthy?

Any ideas would be welcome

BTW I think you are all worth more than I can put words to......

ste

#128360 - 07/31/04 05:26 PM Re: What are you worth?
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Tough question. I don't think there is a quantitive answer to it.

I do know that I am worth more than I have ever given myself credit for. I am my own worst critic. I guess this keeps me from being a pompus ass, so I am just an ass ;\) .

Is it possible to know your own true self-worth? I don't know. We should at least get somewhat close, instead of ignoring it and dismissing it.

Humbly,
Bill

#128361 - 08/01/04 12:34 AM Re: What are you worth?
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am worth no more or no less then anyone else here. We all are worth none of the bad and all of the good that happens in our lives.

andrei

#128362 - 08/07/04 09:37 AM Re: What are you worth?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Kind of aside the topic. I have seen posts about 'what could have been'. People seem to think that they would be worth more if they had not been abused. Life would be better if never had happened. And perhaps in some ways it would. And maybe in some ways it wouldn't. We don't know what else would have happened, if the abuse hadn't.

It is the 'grass is greener' argument. But you know? It is still grass. Yours is green. Mine is green (except those areas my dog pees on). It is grass. It still grows weeds. And it still requires the same amount of bullsh*t to fertilize it. It's grass. So I'll stick to my grass. At least it's grass I know.

We are worth more grass, and fewer weeds. And very little fertilizer.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#128363 - 08/10/04 03:01 AM Re: What are you worth?
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
All I know is that my kids are worth more than , you, me, and anyone else I ever met or spoke to. I may not be worth much, we all might be almost worthless, but but kids, my sons, are worth all the pain I've been through, all the suffering I endured. I am sorry, but it's just the way I feel, Even with what I went through, for my sons, I would go through it again.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.