Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (cant_remember, traveler, Ocellaris, highflight), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443109 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#128335 - 07/29/04 01:51 PM the bird
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am putting this back. I was worried what people will think of me if they read it. Now I am aware, I do not care what they think. It something that affect me. If that is bad thing, then is ok.

When I was at trainig center this morning, a lady come in and say there is lost baby bird outside. A friend and I go out, and there is small baby bird crying on ground, and no other bird around. He is trying fly, and he too small. So we watch some, from inside door, to see if any other growup bird come back to him, to help him. And nothing happen, no other bird come. So finaly, we get him into box, and get him some water with the drop thing. Leosha talk with someone, and they tell us what we can get to feed him, to help him to grow enough to be healthy and go back away.

He is in box right now by me, talking so loud at me for such small bird. Even being he is small, and he not have his parent birds here, he seem strong and like he have loud spirit of him. I think he is going to be good. I want see him get to be big and be able fly away to his life. Because I know his life, it is not in box beside me, eating bird mush and water from dropper thing from me and Leshka while his dog watch us and want to play with it. His life is supose to be life of bird, flying in sky and sleeping in tree.

His life and my life, our lives, they are together right now. But they not supose to be. But, yes, I guess they are supose to be, because we are here, me on the bed and him in his box talking to me. Two life that don't seem they are meant to be sharing place together, and here we are. Him talking. Me typing.

I want him be ok. He is only little bird. It is not like saving life of person, or doing something wonderful to save world. It is only little bird. But I want see him grow strong to fly away of us sometime. Because maybe day I see him do that, maybe it is day I can believe in the 'wings' I have to.

andrei

And I wanted to add, here at end. We take him in his box back to training center next day. And after few minutes, he fly right up into tree, like there is never anything wrong with him. Was good feeling to see it.

#128336 - 07/29/04 04:36 PM Re: the bird
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Almost poetic, certainly allegorical.

Spread your wings, Andrei, get ready to fly.

David

#128337 - 07/29/04 05:49 PM Re: the bird
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
I don't know what to say besides, aw.

Chokes me up,
Bill

#128338 - 08/07/04 09:28 AM Re: the bird
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
(((((((Andrei))))))))))

It is things like this that make me so proud to know you.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#128339 - 08/07/04 09:49 AM Re: the bird
Aden Offline

Totally up lifting. Thankyou!

Aden

#128340 - 08/07/04 08:08 PM Re: the bird
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Andrei
Mother nature will thank you for that act of kindness one day, soon I hope.

Dave \:\)

#128341 - 08/08/04 08:21 AM Re: the bird
Shawn_L35 Offline

(((((((((((((((((((andrei)))))))))))))))))))))))))

This was so beautifully said. I hope too you find the strength to open those wings that I know you have and fly. Fly high. Be strong. Have faith. I am so honored and feel so privileged to have you as my friend. YOu are truly an amazing person to me. I hope we talk soon.

Shawn

#128342 - 08/16/04 05:35 PM Re: the bird
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Andrei

You make this sound so wonderful, and it is, you have saved the life of this little bird, he speak to you, and he say thank you for looking after me, he is a life, every life of every living thing is worth so much, he will remember you, and how you look after him.

When I was a boy I walked along the beach looking for birds tied in netting, I remember seeing one, on a summers' day tied up, I tried everything to free him and I could not do it, I saw a man some way away, and I ask him if he had a knife, he looked at me funny, then I said I wanted to free this bird, he didn't have a knife, but he had something I could use to free the bird.

I freed him and let him fly, as I threw him into the sky, I felt so proud to have given him his freedom to live, he would probably have broken his leg trying to get free, but you know, I was only a small boy with such a big bird, he could bite, but he knew I wanted to help.

It made me feel so good, just when I needed it, the man didn't understand.

I went back so many times to free the birds caught in this netting, and each time it made me so feel good

thanks for sharing

ste

#128343 - 08/17/04 01:07 AM Re: the bird
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Really, their is no such thing as "just a bird." It may only be a bird, but it is a living, breathing creature. It shows how kind you are by caring for the bird so it could grow strong. Bravo, my brother, bravo!
Casey

#128344 - 08/20/04 10:37 AM Re: the bird
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Update:

Marvin (the bird) is still 'hanging out' in his tree and seems fine!

(Edited to clarify: as we never spray painted or otherwise vandalised this bird, we really have no way to know it is the same one! But he is about same size, and same kind of bird, in the same tree, so we assume! ;\) )

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.