Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (finallyhere, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443446 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#128232 - 07/24/04 02:42 PM Re: What I did for me this week
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

what i did this week was finally dig through my old journals of four years ago, when i was going through what i did then, to find the series of prayers and meditations i wrote. i took my life back.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#128233 - 07/24/04 09:50 PM Re: What I did for me this week
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
I took a couple extrta days off, for me. To focus on me and my healing.
I did all of my homework and asked for helped when I had trouble wiht a (stupid) concept.
I refused to let people at work take advantage of me.

#128235 - 07/31/04 01:21 AM Re: What I did for me this week
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am taking another swing at it...recovery, that is.
I went back to group. I went back to individual therapy. I decided to go to the retreat, again.
I said that I would go to the board meeting, again.
I want to do these things, I really do; it's just that I fell in a hole the week before.
I am feeling better.
Good thread, thanks.

David

#128236 - 08/06/04 07:06 AM Re: What I did for me this week
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I 'reach out' to people who are nice with me and care of me.

I get treatment I need for medical problem, and not be too scare of it.

Last night, I eat my first grapefruit in few weeks! (and only get sick little bit!)

#128237 - 08/07/04 12:02 AM Re: What I did for me this week
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

When we, "check-in," in group, out therapist asks us to tell a "brag," as he calls them, about ourselves. I think that I'm finally getting it. One has to do something positive to have something to brag about. Oh, is that to suggest that I should be doing positive things? Maybe it would be approriate to answer myself with the commmon come back..."No shit, Sherlock?"
Another one of those "home work assignments," will they never end?

David

#128238 - 08/07/04 04:57 AM Re: What I did for me this week
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
David,

next week, stand up and proudly say you were able to belch the alphabet from 'a' to 'r', and are working on getting through to 'z'. See what they say.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#128239 - 08/07/04 09:45 AM Re: What I did for me this week
Aden Offline

Leosha, my roommate can do that. He bealches all sorts of things. He once got halfway thru the Gettyesburg Address. And you don't even want to be in the room when he starts to talk out of his @$$.

This week I am on vacation, which is one of the best things I can think of to do for me!

Aden

#128240 - 08/07/04 09:58 AM Re: What I did for me this week
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Aden,

my but talks more then Jim Carrey's in 'Ace Ventura'. There is always a solution: Blame the dog! (Until he gets grossed out and runs from the room).

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#128241 - 08/07/04 01:06 PM Re: What I did for me this week
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK, belching, farting...I'll let you know what they say...what they do..whether they let me back in or not.

#128242 - 08/07/04 04:37 PM Re: What I did for me this week
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

in the currrent vein of this thread, i can honestly say that i successfully cleared out a room with my, ahem, backtalk \:D .

happened a long time ago, but it still brings the smile of satisfaction and the tool man grunt of approval ;\)

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#128243 - 08/15/04 06:15 AM Re: What I did for me this week
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Am on 'working vacation' right now with my girlfriend. Doing little work, and spending time together for her birthday. We have not spend so much time together for the last four, five weeks, because I have been more in a negative mood. So this is something good, not just for me, but for her also, and for 'us'.

Leosha

#128244 - 08/15/04 02:49 PM Re: What I did for me this week
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
1. - I went to physical therapist twice (for pulled trapezius muscles from dislocated rib)

2. - Went four wheeling with a group of friends yesterday - was one of only 2 vehicles running at the end of the day (I really needed to get out among other people as I've been playing hermit lately so this day of fun was a BIG one for me)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#128245 - 08/16/04 10:13 AM Re: What I did for me this week
CFO Dave Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Millis MA
I got 2 of my gardens weeded! Finaly cut down the faded blooms from June! I've missed having the desire to work in my yard.

I got the house a little cleaner and a few more things into my new attic. My house has been undergoing an endless remodel and I can't do the final painting of the family room until all the crap is in the attic.

I took the kids to a baseball game. \:\)

"The soul that is within me no man can degrade."
-Frederick Douglas

#128246 - 08/25/04 09:20 PM Re: What I did for me this week
Little Red Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: White Plains
Thanks for the thread - we spend so much time thinking and dealing with our past and trying to figure out a way to deal with it or as I do for the most part hide it. We forget about the things that we do for ourselves to make us feel better. This week I started exercising again getting back on the bike. It makes me feel better about myself.

Another thing is that I am planning on celebrating my one year anniversary of my Heart Attack - all stress related.

Thanks

#128249 - 11/11/04 04:59 PM Re: What I did for me this week
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Marc there was never any doubt in our minds. ;\) \:\)

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#128250 - 11/12/04 07:16 AM Re: What I did for me this week
dsbliss Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
This week I am doing the ultimate test to myself, I am giving up something in my life that I have depended apon for a long time, I thought I was doing the right thing, then again I don't even know what is right anymore....

#128253 - 12/06/04 04:26 AM Re: What I did for me this week
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
In my process of reintroducing music into my life at a greater level, I bought myself a new surround sound system for my computer. FINALLY, I have a good quality sound system. (good for DVDs too) WOOHOOO!!!

#128254 - 12/06/04 06:15 PM Re: What I did for me this week
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bronco:
I came here, I guess. Scared. But I am here and it's for me.

Bronc
Good for you Bronco. It truly is 'for us' here.

I have reconnected with my girlfriend this past week, and we spent most of the weekend together, feeling comfortable with each other for the first time in a while.

leosha

#128255 - 12/08/04 07:48 PM Re: What I did for me this week
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I went to the police today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.