Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (pufferfish, tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 55 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441394 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#128143 - 07/20/04 01:39 PM Time off for a Bit
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
My brothers I thought I should let you know that I wil be away from Malesurvivor for a while. While we were on vacation my wife Nicole had a mini stroke on the beach where we were camping. And three hours later another one back at the trailer. It affected her right hand. After a whole battery of tests including an MRI and CTScan etc etc it was determined that she has a hole in her heart that needs fixing. We did a lot of driving as the weather was the pits and that promotes clotting in the legs. Normally these are carried to the lungs and disappaited normaly. With the hole, however, the clots went to her brain. So please understand that I am not abandoning Malesurvivor but just taking a sabatical so to speak. I would never leave for good as I consider all of you to be brothers and it makes me know that together we can live beyond what happened to us.

I may check in periodically to just say hello. Thanks for you consideration

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#128144 - 07/20/04 02:46 PM Re: Time off for a Bit
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

mike,
understood. you have my email, so please feel free to use it as you need it. take of yourself, and nicole. you will both be in my prayers.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#128145 - 07/20/04 03:23 PM Re: Time off for a Bit
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike,

I'm so sorry for all of this. When you first reported this, for some reason, I thought that it had happened to your daughter. Please give Nicole our best, tell her that we are praying for a speedy recovery.
And, you, my friend, you still have my number, I hope; it is there for as long as you want it, whenever you need it...I never go to bed.

Peace, strength and courage,

Brother David

#128146 - 07/20/04 04:17 PM Re: Time off for a Bit
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Hey Mike,

I hope all goes well. I am glad that they found out what the problem is so they can fix it. You are of course in my thoughts and prayers too.

Hugs,
Lynn

Anne Lamott

#128147 - 07/20/04 06:11 PM Re: Time off for a Bit
ecb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sorry to hear that Mike. Best wishes for you and your family.

Eric

#128148 - 07/20/04 06:24 PM Re: Time off for a Bit
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Mike

hope everything is O.K., we are all praying that she makes a full recovery.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers for all to be well

your brother

ste

#128149 - 07/20/04 06:43 PM Re: Time off for a Bit
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Mike,

I'm sorry, and your all in my thoughts and prayers.

Whatever time you need, you take. It never crossed my mind for a second that you "abandoned" us. Your wife is important and so are you.

If you need anything, even to vent or a prayer, feel free to ask. Hell, I'll give it without!

Peace, love, and prayers.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#128151 - 07/21/04 12:10 AM Re: Time off for a Bit
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Mike,
I am truly sorry about your wife's condition. I will make sure to mention her in my prayers, so that she can make a speedy recovery. Go with God, my brother!
Casey

#128152 - 07/21/04 11:13 AM Re: Time off for a Bit
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Guys I am truly blessed to have my family here at Malesurvivor. God bless you all.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.