Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (Sojourn Survivor, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446667 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#128059 - 07/14/04 12:11 AM patriot act?
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

yes, i am drunk, but i have to say the patriot act is a piece of hooyey

sorry

i will log off now

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#128060 - 07/14/04 12:20 AM Re: patriot act?
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I know that making the day that we vote a national holiday would say a lot more for democracy than most of our other holidays do.

#128061 - 07/14/04 12:51 AM Re: patriot act?
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

true, mike, very true. but who would celebrate the right of choice?

- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy

#128062 - 07/15/04 04:26 AM Re: patriot act?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
What is the 'Patriot act'?

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#128063 - 07/15/04 07:54 AM Re: patriot act?
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

leosha,
it is a piece of legislation put through by the congress right after the events of 9-11. what is does is give the federal government more latitude in what it can do legally when conducting any "terroist" threat of domestic or foreign origin. it in theory allows for suspension of many of the technicalities that help protect its citizens from unreasonable search, seizure, and privacy. it is part of the homeland security concept. the problem, is the broad definition given to "terrorist threat". there are extreme notions of what has or could happen in terms of the law's potential abuse. in this current age of fear, too much can be easily misconstrued and would be iin trouble with the homeland security team for something that would have been completely innocent and without issue prior to the events of 9-11. hope i have not made it worse with the explanation. also, i would not be surprisedd if i got some details wrong, but the gist is legislation the government can use against a too generic threat definition. the potential for mistakes is large.

#128064 - 07/16/04 12:06 AM Re: patriot act?
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

It was George and his magic pen acting like FDR.

#128065 - 07/16/04 01:16 AM Re: patriot act?
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

\:\)

thanks, mike. i needed that.

#128066 - 07/16/04 03:15 AM Re: patriot act?
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Curious George getting himself into trouble creating wrongs in the world to right while the man in the yellow hat (Rumsfeld) stands by to tell him what to do when he gets caught.

#128067 - 07/16/04 11:57 AM Re: patriot act?
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

careful, mike...cg and hatboy are watching ;\)

#128068 - 07/16/04 01:49 PM Re: patriot act?
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've written them letters before theo. I don't care. They can watch all they want to. I know for a fact that I have been federally investigated at least twice. Once was for a job. Once wasn't. I'm probably eventually going to either get thrown out of this country, lynched, or imprisoned for not keeping my mouth shut about speaking the truth. I'm close to one right now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.