Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
3 registered (Tiger1982, englishmaninNY, 1 invisible), 45 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441313 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#128052 - 07/17/04 12:36 AM Computer Viruses
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Why won't Norton Antivirus get rid of Windows Messenger? It's infected my entire computer worse than any virus ever has. Spyware is nothing but viruses too. I've seen it bring computers to a hault.

Ok. I do know how to get rid of it. It is just EXTREMELY annoying. It keeps showing up from nowhere.

#128053 - 07/17/04 04:44 AM Re: Computer Viruses
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

mike,
no clue if this is similar, but i know that when i delete programs, and they are the kinds that have backups coming out of their backups, i try to do a complete search of all my files for any remote reference title, orphan file, alias, etc, of this program and delete it it all. i use to have a program specifically for this. it itemized the complete disk and returned every file, alias, etc related to that program. i think it was a third party extensions manager, bought don't recall for sure. take care, hope you are able to get rid of the bug up your hard drive \:\)

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.